The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Webcam listing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ornithopod

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Webcam listing Reply with quote

This is a list of links to popular birding webcams that have been talked about in this forum.

http://cctv.icode.co.uk/index.htm?feed=Bird%20Table%202

http://cctv.icode.co.uk/index.htm?feed=BT1%20Close

http://webcam.biggonline.co.uk:8081

http://www.dorsetscountryside.co.uk/page10.html

http://www.firestorm.cx/webcam.php

If you want me to add to this list, please PM me with the details.

Malcolm

Last edited by ornithopod on Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
ivanna

croatia.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

I want to now information abou bird cam...if anyone work some work about birds and birdcam I would like to read.
And if anyone have some interesting documents to download I would like to now.

I'm sory for my bad english Smile
thank's
by

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivanna - if you click on the link above - Elixabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages - you can read our diary that was started in 2001.

There is not much happening yet this year, but I think it won't be too long before it gets more interesting.

scotland.gif
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a cam to use to record birds?
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangebow wrote:
Can anyone recommend a cam to use to record birds?

Try putting this question on the Technical forum - I think you're more likely to get some suggestions if you post it there! Fingers crossed

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are folks still running their webcams? I used to look in on Huw's and Elizabeth & Malcolm's quite often, as I don't get all that many birds in my own garden. I've just finished a big project on the house and finally got back to the forum, but none of the cams seem to be running these days I just get a blank page when I follow the links. Sad I suppose it's relatively quiet for everyone just now, though, so it may not be worth having them set up.
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many webcams are just in use during the breeding season, so our box cams are no longer switched on. I might start using the table cam again - I'll switch it on tomorrow, and see if many visitors come along.

However we run our hedgehog webcam in the evenings (unless we are away of course). I aim to go out before it gets dark, to put out the food, and switch on the webcam when I've done this. It is usually switched off when we go to bed, though occasionally we leave the computer on all night, so we can watch all the night time visits the next day. (The cam is actually called "Fat feeder" as it used to show the suet block feeder).

There are other members who have hedgehog webcams - lets hope they read this post.

Also, have a look here: http://www.pitt.edu/~dziadosz/

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Elizabeth, I've just been watching one of your hogs, who looks as if s/he is having a snooze inside the feeder cage. No, actually, edit that it was a feeding-frenzy! The hog's just scuttled off at a goodly pace, to reveal a bowl of food right under where its nose was.

I'll look in at your garden tomorrow, to see if you're getting any feathered visitors. I did see two actual birds in mine today, which was nice especially as one of them was the first robin I've seen since here last February. Very Happy

Janice

wales.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kit there's still three or four of us who run our webcams through Yahoo conference at night, me, Nicola, Boo and Pauline, if you want to log on when you're free, you don't have to join in the chat if you don't want, but you can still watch my cams and the others too I think. I just set up two cams last night for the first time, as I feed hoggies round both sides of the house, and we were able to watch two different hogs feeding simulataneously! Cool or what, lol! Very Happy PM me if you want the ids if you havent still got them from before.

In Wales, if the cows are laying down, it's going to rain.
If they are standing up, it is raining. Wink
Kit

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jan,

Thanks for that, I'd forgotten about the webcams. I'm sure I've still got your ID, I saved it within the Yahoo Messenger thingie. I'll have a look in...

Meantime, Elizabeth and Malcom's garden seems almost as quiet as mine still, at least it's given me some time to strip down all the feeders, poles, etc, and give them a really good scrubbing!

Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit wrote:

Meantime, Elizabeth and Malcom's garden seems almost as quiet as mine still, at least it's given me some time to strip down all the feeders, poles, etc, and give them a really good scrubbing!

There's a reason for this, Malcolm was working at the bottom of the garden - but there were several sightings of him as he walked up the path to the house, and back again a few times! Laughing As soon as he came in though, a crowd of birds went onto the four of the hanging feeders - there were 6 greenfinches and 3 goldfinches, and a few others coming and going.

I think we might move the camera to show one of the feeder poles instead. I filled all the feeders (including two spares) before we went away on Friday morning, and by the time we came home on Sunday evening the birds had emptied two 4-port feeders of sunflower hearts, and two of black sunflower seed as well as well as half emptying two more.

I weighed one of the 4-port feeders yesterday, before and after filling - it holds 510g of hearts! Rolling Eyes It's lucky for them that I can buy a 25kg sack at a much better price than the mail order companies!

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey 'eck, Elizabeth! I put one inch of sunflower hearts, chopped peanuts, and nyjer seed in each of my three feeders every week, and at this time of year I throw more than half of it away when I clean them at the weekends. I filled them last Saturday, and no peanuts at all have so far been taken the sunflower feeder has been used a bit, and the nyjer feeder a bit more (we never seem to lose all the goldfinches, as they seem to stick to a diet of seeds much more than the other small birds).

I shall have another look at your webcam now, unless you're in the midle of moving it... Very Happy

Boo

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are more than welcome to join us in chat. At this time of year the hogs start arriving around 9.00pm. If you still have Jan's id you will be invited in if you message her.

Otherwise pm me and I can invite you in.

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Boo! I haven't logged in yet, as I'm often getting ready for bed by 9pm (Embarassed), but I do have more energy some days. They're great fun to watch they look like eerie little ghosts on the infra-red cameras!
Janice

wales.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boast boast - mine is in colour (well one of them is, the new one!) Its like watching the telly. Very Happy

In Wales, if the cows are laying down, it's going to rain.
If they are standing up, it is raining. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Webcams All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: