The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Members Webcams

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Janice



Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 1629
Location: Carmarthenshire, Wales

wales.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Members Webcams Reply with quote

Just an idea, but how about a new section for everyone who is running a webcam to post the link in? I am most confused as I often think, oh I'll have a look at such and such, and then can't remember which bit of the forum it was mentioned in or what thread. A few of us are running them through Yahoo at night I know, but if we wanted to share, we could could use pm's to add someone to the list.

Anyone else think it's a good idea? Confused

_________________
Jan Chicken

In Wales, if the cows are laying down, it's going to rain.
If they are standing up, it is raining. Wink
Back to top
Strixaluco



Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 5464
Location: Mayford, Sy

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea - Malcolm will work on it, and I'll have a look in my Favourites to see what I have there. I don't think we need to restrict it just to members' cams though - I have watched several others too.
_________________
Elizabeth
Back to top
Janice



Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 1629
Location: Carmarthenshire, Wales

wales.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Elizabeth, and for editing my error Embarassed Must have been half asleep, as I didn't even notice, but can imagine what it said! Laughing
_________________
Jan Chicken

In Wales, if the cows are laying down, it's going to rain.
If they are standing up, it is raining. Wink
Back to top
Pete



Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 2245

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damned good idea!!
_________________
Pete

Dethhhpicable
ithhn't it

http://thequacksoflife.blogspot.com
Back to top
Strixaluco



Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 5464
Location: Mayford, Sy

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janice wrote:
Thanks Elizabeth, and for editing my error Embarassed Must have been half asleep, as I didn't even notice, but can imagine what it said! Laughing


It was very minor, and I wouldn't normally do anything like this - but I thought the heading would be better as Members Webcams, rather than Memers webcams. Smile

The idea has just been the subject of a top level discussion!!!! Maybe by this evening????????

_________________
Elizabeth
Back to top
Corinna



Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 4142

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea!!!!
_________________
Corinna

Eagles Rule!

http://eagles-eye-on-life.blogspot.com
Back to top
Tricia



Joined: 08 Apr 2005
Posts: 3579
Location: Surrey

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. This will save having to search for the post with cams when I've forgotten to bookmark them!
_________________
Tricia
What is this life if full of care, We have no time to stand and stare?

http://belfiebird.blogspot.com/
Back to top
Strixaluco



Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 5464
Location: Mayford, Sy

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has arrived!

It's in the section for Wild Birds and Nature, which has also been re-arranged slightly.

If you have any webcam suggestions for inclusion, just PM Ornithopod with the details.

_________________
Elizabeth
Back to top
Janice



Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 1629
Location: Carmarthenshire, Wales

wales.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strixaluco wrote:
It has arrived!

It's in the section for Wild Birds and Nature, which has also been re-arranged slightly.

If you have any webcam suggestions for inclusion, just PM Ornithopod with the details.


*oooh rushes off excitedly to look.......

(and my typo from this morning wasn't as bad as I had imagined then, I thought I'd missed the b out of webcams and had said wecams! Laughing )

_________________
Jan Chicken

In Wales, if the cows are laying down, it's going to rain.
If they are standing up, it is raining. Wink
Back to top
Peter



Joined: 21 Apr 2005
Posts: 772
Location: South-west England

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Members Webcams Reply with quote

I have tried to capture members web cams and others on my web site:

http://www.whentowatchwildlife.org/Index/Web_cams/When_to_Watch_Wildlife_web_cams.htm

which might be helpful to you.

Pete

Janice wrote:
Just an idea, but how about a new section for everyone who is running a webcam to post the link in? I am most confused as I often think, oh I'll have a look at such and such, and then can't remember which bit of the forum it was mentioned in or what thread. A few of us are running them through Yahoo at night I know, but if we wanted to share, we could could use pm's to add someone to the list.

Anyone else think it's a good idea? Confused
Back to top
Strixaluco



Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 5464
Location: Mayford, Sy

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter - apart from the ones we've already mentioned, the Bass rock ones seem to be the only ones "live" at the moment. I'll have a look at them tomorrow. There are probably not going to be many birdcams until the nesting season starts.
_________________
Elizabeth
Back to top
Peter



Joined: 21 Apr 2005
Posts: 772
Location: South-west England

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. I keep an eye out for others but apart from those we know of there does seem to be little outside of the breeding season. This is quite surprising as the bird table is more varied (though perhaps less emotionally involved) than the boxes.

Strixaluco wrote:
Thanks Peter - apart from the ones we've already mentioned, the Bass rock ones seem to be the only ones "live" at the moment. I'll have a look at them tomorrow. There are probably not going to be many birdcams until the nesting season starts.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, subGreen style by ktauber
BBF 1.18.4 integration and modification © 2005, 2011 gasteropod