The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Sammi's boxes 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Sammi. Loving the photos so can't wait for the video.
Sue
blueeyedchick

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spotted your pictures Sammi smashing, the big wide world awaits! Very Happy
sammi

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrrrrrrrr just about to publish on YouTube just to be told my browser is out of date and Microsoft edge keeps crashing.....honestly all our equipment is so out of date Very Happy Roll on the floor laughing a bit like me.
sammi

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks
All I can say is that I tried my best Very Happy
My efforts are here...it's real time......and i suggest you view with the sound off Very Happy Taken through the window as I had no chance to open as they took me by surprise Very Happy
https://youtu.be/QnfgOkFpUnw

I hope it works
Fingers crossed
blueeyedchick

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong at all with that Sammi, at least you managed to get some decent footage, only thing I missed was the click of the on/off switch at the end Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing (that's just a personal joke about my own camera work!)
sammi

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kathy....I must admit I almost gave up trying to post it on YouTube.....
Very Happy Very Happy oh yes the click is missing Roll on the floor laughing but there is some terrible background noise.
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Sammi. One of them shot off somewhere like a rocket. Brilliant Banana! Banana! Bye Thank for your persistence, lovely to watch.
Sue
ELLE

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant photos Sammi, and nothing wrong with that video work Applause
I can never get enough of seeing chicks fledge, just love how they pluck up courage to take the leap, so brave of the little ones Day dreaming

Elle
Xx
sammi

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sue and Elle......yes it's amazing how they suddenly find their wings. They all seem to have their own individual style. A couple used the parachute technique to the nearest bush. One suddenly shot to the giddy heights of a nearby fir tree. No two I think was having his leg pulled from the inside and I'm off now to view that footage from the nest cam before I forget. All the PC and camera stuff has been put back in the spare room till next year Sad best go and connect it up before I forget how Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing
ELLE

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing love that Sammi,

Parachute technique Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing

Elle
Xx
sammi

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you might like to see someone else who was around on fledging day. My little bank vole. He usually sweeps up if any bits drop from the feeders or he just helps himself to all the new grass seed I've spread Very Happy Roll on the floor laughing
Tiptoe through the daisies
Tiptoe through the daisies
Poster: sammi, viewed 7 Time(s)
Twinkle

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Sammi and the Blue tits Reply with quote

Just been able to have a look at the postings for the blue tits. Lovely to see such a lot. some sad. Our ones hatched and fledged but camera down so didn't see everything. Should have had a bigger memory on security cam to see outside, all got recorded over. Now we are up and running. Was hoping maybe a late starter but i don't think so. Many birds have hatched in surrounding eaves, including starlings. Been able to use my binoculars as lots of trees been cut down last few months. Enough left for the birds to use on the journey to and from nests. My washing hasn't stopped the BT from hopping onto line when taking food to nesting box. Miss eating my meals alone. Pigeons in our neighbours house are the latest ones to nest, still waiting to see the babies fledge, if any. i did put pics of my nests on here a week ago I think.
sammi

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Twinkle
Glad your nest fledged successfully. Sorry you didn't get to see it all. Technology eh Roll on the floor laughing At wits end It's a lovely time of year for spotting them around the garden. Your washing line made me laugh. I stop putting my washing out while they are back and forth to the feeders. I got so tired of having to wash it again Roll on the floor laughing I'm already thinking of next year and how I can hopefully get the great tits as well as the bluetits to nest .......and who knows even a sparrow.....well I can dream Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing
sammi

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my little ones have been making their presence known today in the garden. One hit the window but after a few moments flew away to safety Very Happy
Hello again
Hello again
Poster: sammi, viewed 8 Time(s)
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw Sammi, they are so gorgeous. You are so lucky they are still around (even if their flying skills still need a little fine tuning Roll on the floor laughing ). Haven't seen a blue tit in my garden since mine left Sad . Roll on next spring Very Happy
Sue
Ps loving the bank vole , thank you for sharing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Bird Boxes All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: