The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Cheeky Squirrel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Food and Feeders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benn

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Cheeky Squirrel Reply with quote

We are quite high up here in Rossendale and squirrels only started to appear around here 10 years ago and have up until this last 6 months been very rare visitors to our garden.

However, this cheeky chappy has been regularly helping himself to our sunflower hearts. But not only that has also worked out how to get into the shed via the old rabbit entrance to help himself to my 20kg sack Very Happy

https://youtu.be/QDjj-I1Ja0c
blueeyedchick

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benn
They are quite common her we have one living in our loft. Most years she comes and rears her young in the eaves, last year she had 4 babies in her drey. She somehow gets in under a broken tile. I know she shouldn't be there but doesn't seem to be doing anything dangerous with the wiring. In fact my Electrician husband has put the cables in trunking to protect them. He says if she bites one through then she will be a gonner!!!!
She like yours loves sunflower seeds and none of the our regular birds will be on the feeder at the same time as Shirley.

My only annoyance is that they are semi nocturnal and I can hear her break dancing on the boarding floor and she wakes us up early morning. I feel I should be charging her rent!!!!

Kathy Roll on the floor laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Food and Feeders All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: