The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Bluetits roosting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Welcome and Other Greetings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxwell

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Bluetits roosting Reply with quote

Can you help. Pair of bluetits regular around box ? Female roost every night at same time but never see them in the daytime. 4th of April but no sign of nesting. Could she be building somewhere else and just roosting in my box. Bit frustrated can anyone advise. Thanks
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Maxwell, I also still have a rooster in one of my boxes (the only one with a camera in!) I have two other boxes that have had some building going on, but I've no way of knowing whether my rooster is one of the pairs nesting elsewhere. I have put up eviction notices but to no avail, he insists on returning each night Wink . I know it is frustrating but I'm just happy to see these little birds in my garden at all.
If you put your question under the 'bird boxes' section on this site you will probably get a lot more advice than I can give you.
Good luck.
Sue
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure its a female? Is the box clean? If there is poo on the floor its a male rooster, I clearly have one in my back box, Never gets used for nesting but I always get a rooster in there nothing more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Welcome and Other Greetings All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: