The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Nest breaking up!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ELLE

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Nest breaking up!! Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Can any of you knowledgable people please explain what is happening in our bluetits nest??

I have a lone female who I must say is doing an excellent job at raising her chicks ( there's 6 or 7,) but has started to show some strange behaviour. She's head diving into the nest, like they do., but she's almost built a tunnel from the nestcup towards the front of the box where the entrance hole is. She goes so far in that she literally disappears! And I can hear her tapping on the bottom of the box, the problem is that the top layer of the nest is coming away and 2 of the smallest chicks keep popping their heads out for food when she comes in, but she can't see them cos she's only concentrating on the chicks in the cup, they are right near the front of the box and I'm really worried as to what is going on?

Can anyone please try to put my mind at rest as I'm really stressing out. Nail biting

Many thanks xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Bird Boxes All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: