The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

HELP!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollie

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: HELP! Reply with quote

I have bird box with blue tits nesting, today there has been no sign of mum and dad and box all quiet. Have they fledge? But they are not in my garden, can't see them in the grass , trees or bushes. Really worried, first time having bird box, not sure what's happened.
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as though the chicks have fledged - if you're quite sure that there's no activity around, you might take a quick look into the box.

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once my two fledged no sign of them, think they went to neighbours but cant see. Think I have seen mum and dad once or twice since. It seems very quiet once they have gone. Perhaps you could get a camera for the box next year so you can see what is going on. You do see the sad things as well as the good but I wouldn't have missed it. Hope to catch up with you next year. Chris
Hollie

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Thanks for your replies, my mother in law had a quick look inside, the nest was really well built so was hard to look properly, there was 1 dead chick, but didn't want to pry any further. My mother in law is over tomorrow so if there is no activity by tomorrow she said she will have a better look.

Where would you suggest is the best place to find a reasonably priced camera box? I would love one Smile i am just starting a new job so may have to treat myself as a new job present LOL
Hollie

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well..

Emptied the nest box and didn't want to leave at least 1 dead chick.

There was 2 very small dead chicks outside the nest and 3 bigger ones, 1 of which had all it's feathers and was ready to fledge Sad not sure if any did fledge Sad any ideas why they may have died?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Nests All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: