The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Another newie to the forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Welcome and Other Greetings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markharry

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Another newie to the forum Reply with quote

Hi there everybody Very Happy

My name's Mark, I'm from Berkshire - I've been increasingly bird crazy in the last few weeks, saw some splendid herons by the river at close quarters yesterday as well which was very exciting indeed. Happy to share stories of sightings and to engage with fellow birders!

Will see you all around
M
blueeyedchick

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark
Welcome to the bird forum. It's quiet at the moment on here but wait until the spring and like the Blue Tits 'posters' appear from nowhere!

Your Heron sightings are interesting, we see the odd one or two occasionally here. They always remind me of prehistoric birds as they fly overhead and you cannot mistake the species.
I am pleased to see that our Green Finches are returning after the plummeting of numbers. This morning at breakfast I saw one which made me look twice as it was so much bigger than usual and at first thought it was a new visitor but a closer look showed it was definitely a Green Finch.
I keep seeing the odd Blue Tit so as I had success last spring with 7 chicks fledging I put up another box quite a distance away from the original and set up a different camera. I hope to be successful again next year- can't wait!!!

Keep us posted!
Kathy
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueeyedchick wrote:
Hi Mark
Welcome to the bird forum. It's quiet at the moment on here but wait until the spring and like the Blue Tits 'posters' appear from nowhere!!
Kathy

Hi Mark and welcome to the Forum.

It's certainly very quiet here right now - but you won't need to wait until the spring for a Bluetit "poster" to appear.

Malcolm has been busy cleaning out our nest boxes. Box 2 was replaced yesterday - and has already been inspected. Smile

I'll post a photo when I've tracked it down - I'm rather out of practice with doing this. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Welcome and Other Greetings All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: