The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Dates on Album

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tricia

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Dates on Album Reply with quote

I may be asking the impossible (technically regarding the system configuration) here.

I dip into the Personal Albums every few visits to BBF but, unless I can remember how many pics each album holds, I cannot determine if/when any new pics have been added.

Is it possible to show the "date of the last post/pic added" (or equivalent) to the personal albums?

http://belfiebird.blogspot.com/
gasteropod

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a great addition. Right now I'm not certain it would be possible but agree this would be a real help to people. Since we store the date each picture is posted this should be doable.

I did start quite a major upgrade of the photo album in May but got distracted and did not complete this. A lot of it was internal changes associated with administration so it's not something you would have easilly noticed but I really must get round to finishing this.

I will add this to the list of updates to make. I was thinking that the right place to do this would be to add an additional column to the User Personal Galleries page so not only would we see the number of pictures for each person but the date the last picture was added too. Do you agree?

The other change I wanted to make was to include the personal galleries in the recent and random pictures sections which currently do not include them. This would help make it more obvious when new pictures were added in personal galleries too.

Tricia

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John

Yes I do agree - I think what you're suggesting is a great idea. Equally having Personal Album pics in the random section etc. in the "general" album would facilitate personal album pics being viewed more often. There are some great pics for viewing and it would be a shame if they were not viewed.

Thanks John for considering this for your "to do" list Very Happy Applause Hug

Kit

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say I really like the random photos, John I'd missed/forgotten about some of them, and it's nice to see them popping up when you log on. As Mr Robinson says, you get THIS round of applause! Applause
Tricia

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - I think Kit has said it all. Thank you Very Happy

Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both requests in this thread are now available in the Album SP2 update. When looking at the All Pictures by User page or the Personal Galleries page which list all the users with pictures or with a personal gallery you will see a date when they posted their latest picture. You can also sort by this date and thereby see when people added pictures since you last looked.

Also pictures in personal galleries are now included in the various picture blocks displayed on the main index and album index pages.

Furthermore, when looking at someones profile you will see a new picture block below their details with their own latest pictures if they have uploaded any.

John
allexx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both requests in this thread are now available in the Album SP2 update. When looking at the All Pictures by User page or the Personal Galleries page which list all the users with pictures or with a personal gallery you will see a date when they posted their latest picture. You can also sort by this date and thereby see when people added pictures since you last looked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: