The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

We have a hedgehog!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: We have a hedgehog! Reply with quote

A little while ago we thought that a hedgehog had been visiting our garden. We've had them in the past, and recognise their poohs. I still had some special hedgehog food, left over from two years ago, when we had a regular hedgehog visiting - but found it dead (and in a rather unpleasant state).

I decided to put out a dish of "Spike's Dinner" and Malcolm set up the hoggy cam that we used to use, but this is all we saw - I was so disappointed..

Nighttime visitor
Nighttime visitor
Poster: Strixaluco, viewed 44 Time(s)

However, a few nights ago I was rather late going out to collect dishes from the bird table - and there was a hedgehog on he path! Banana! So I then decided to reinstate the hoggy feeding cage that we had used before (it's actually a ground feeder cage) - and we were lucky!

Hoggy
Hoggy
Poster: Strixaluco, viewed 59 Time(s)

A fox came to investigate too - but the cage is fastend down with skewers, so he couldn't get at the food.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hedgehog as well. They are 2 by the way. One is named Sonic and the other, Knuckles. I really intended to breed them but as it turned out, the female was not that cooperative often hurting the male hedgehog when he comes near. So I planned to separate them though a screen in their cage in between to expose them to each other and probably save their failing relationship. But still, Sonic would end up bloodied at times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Nature Topics All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: