The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Alter focus while birds in box?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ash105

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Alter focus while birds in box? Reply with quote

I have made my first box and after two months had a couple of tits move in.

Problem is the camera is not focussed now as the nest is quite high and I am afraid to go in there and change it for upsetting the new residents.

What is the form for this kind of thing? Or do I buy a better camera for next season?

Sorry if this is a really obvious question.
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might scare the birds away if you try to change the focus now - but I'm wondering why you are considering a better camera. Isn't it just a matter of getting the focus correct on this one?

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided not to touch the box.

Just a little bit annoyed with myself for not setting the focus taking into account the height of the nest.

Thats why I am thinking of a better webcam that I might be able to focus from the computer.

also the cam we have only uses av cables for the TV. I wanted to stream the camera to a website but cannot find anything that will do it through my iMac. Tried the elgato video capture but that only takes a video.

Popping into Apple this week and hope they might be able to help.

Unless you have any ideas?

Thanks
Mo

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have recently brought a CCTV DVR from maplins which our camera and sound attaches to, the plus side to having it set up like this is I never miss anything as I can rewind and watch what I want when I want, it also allows me to down load what ever clips I want to to a USB stick to put on my lap top so as to share videos with friends on facebook, it will play remotely to my laptop and to 10 friends over the internet, is not cheap but is great for me, its make is Avtech if you want to look it up

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Mo,

Thanks for the reply. That looks great. If I can use it for other things then I can justify investing.

Incidentally I went into Apple and asked the best way to get analogue camera's into the iMac and they came up with a box costing about 300 which transfers analogue to digital (DV). So the AVtech DVR is a much better option given what it can do.

Many thanks.

PS - I have 8 eggs in the box. Hooray.
Andersan

pakistan.gif
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALDI have their nestbox (hole or robin) and camera offer on again - just bought one for 39.99.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Webcams All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: