The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Hows everyone enjoying Springwatch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> TV & Radio Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little Sparrow

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Hows everyone enjoying Springwatch Reply with quote

I think its a great series - especially as its being held in Norfolk. Razz

Chris and kate make a great couple (still miss Bills funny little quirks but a change is as good as a rest).

Good to see a familiar face on the show Tues - Peter Walton. Great chap - very enthusiastic teacher. Hug

Such a shame thats its only on 3 weeks - so much better that all the soaps they show. Applause

Would like to hear others comments. Smile

uk.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the best series for some time!

Chris is a much less frenetic presenter than Bill, who had started to irritate me a bit, and I feel I've learned a lot more than usual, just through the absence of the usual silliness, although there is still a lot of humour.

There are some great birds, and I was amazed at the Skylark chicks, I never expected them to look like that. I'm a bit disappointed with the badgers, as I was expecting a lot of action from them, but the majority of the wildlife content is brill (as always).

For me the best bits so far, are the Goshawk slow motion flight through the wood, the views of kestrel family life, and the cuckoo stuff, oh and not forgetting Chris's sneaking in Smiths songtitles every night, and I'm really looking forward to Kate eating that sofa - come on you polecats!!

I can confirm - Bitterns DO exist, and they are brilliant!!!!
paradise flycatcher

uk.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been into all this bird and wildlife stuff since the beginning of last year - so this is my second Springwatch. I'm really enjoying it. I like the humour in it and I've definitately learnt things. It's very difficult to choose a best bit so far, but all those little Wrens squeezed into that nest - SO cute. Saddest bit - the Dippers Crying or Very sad

Debbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> TV & Radio Alerts All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: