The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Spring Watch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> TV & Radio Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Spring Watch Reply with quote

Hello...hello...is anyone out there? Shocked

Am I missing sommit or is noone else watching Spring Watch? Is there an embargo? Personally I am really enjoying it, although to endure a whole hour I do need something else to distract me - like making tea. What are your thoughts everyone?

Apparently Mr Oddie is not very well (depression?) so please do not mention in in this thread - feel free to start your own one if you want to slag him off. Confused
Kit

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying it! I love the chaffinch, robin, blackbird, swallow and lapwing nests (but am less bothered about the elusive polecats). Those lapwing chicks are just gorgeous!
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Watch Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Hello...hello...is anyone out there? Shocked

Am I missing sommit or is noone else watching Spring Watch? Is there an embargo? Personally I am really enjoying it, although to endure a whole hour I do need something else to distract me - like making tea. What are your thoughts everyone?

Apparently Mr Oddie is not very well (depression?) so please do not mention in in this thread - feel free to start your own one if you want to slag him off. Confused

I'll be watching the recordings (if I can find the time) - I've just not been free to watch it "live" so far.

I'm not going to "slag off" Bill Oddie - but his absence is the reason why I'm planning to watch this series.

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shot of the robin on the chicks was brilliant!
Janice

wales.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Watch Reply with quote

[quote="Strixaluco"]
Peter wrote:

I'm not going to "slag off" Bill Oddie - but his absence is the reason why I'm planning to watch this series.

Heh Laughing

I'm not saying a word about it either.

Am enjoying the programme immensely this time though, especially with Simon just being up the road at Lake Vyrnwy, been there a few times, but not from the side he's at, the other end as it were. I'm just off now to register on the BBC site for the Polecat sightings, we saw a family of them last year in broad daylight, running down the road in front of us, one adult and four half-sized youngsters, then they went up the bank and across into a field. Felt very privileged, but very annoyed at not having a camera with us. Evil or Very Mad

In Wales, if the cows are laying down, it's going to rain.
If they are standing up, it is raining. Wink
Peter

uk.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a night of football-s\w-make dinner-football-s\w-dinner-football... Shocked ......I'm quite exhausted.

The BBC chat room is strange as there are so many submissions its quite hard to keep track of any thread.
Janice

wales.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
I had a night of football-s\w-make dinner-football-s\w-dinner-football... Shocked ......I'm quite exhausted.

The BBC chat room is strange as there are so many submissions its quite hard to keep track of any thread.

Do you mean the messageboards? I joined today too, and am finding it hard work to keep up, especially as the message is moderated first and doesn't appear on the thread for ages after. I've forgotten what I posted by then! I know I've contributed on the road kills, hedgehogs, red kites and a few other threads. Shocked

Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find all the posts you've made by clicking on Your discussions near the top of the page. (And when you've posted a few times, your messages appear right away - at least mine do) Smile

wales.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Elizabeth! Just been and looked at all my wonderful comments! Rolling Eyes

I must say, reading through a lot of those threads on that message board, I despair of the lack of education. I know, I know, we all make mistakes, but the standard of spelling on there is just terrible. Don't they teach spelling in school anymore? Confused

It seems that the kids don't care either, if you correct someone, you are asking for a torrent of abuse on forums these days, because it doesn't matter. Well IT DOES TO ME! Some of the words can't even be understood because they are so badly spelled. Latest example just seen - "scwoshed" Shocked

Oh dear me, I am getting old. Razz

Janice

wales.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if others have found this link or not, but I just have on the Springwatch site - they have been doing a blog of the daily events and things in Wales, it's brilliant! Just seen the bit about Red Kites at Gigrin Farm where I've been a couple of times now, can't wait to see it on the programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/walesnature/

Dawn

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really enjoying it this year, Chris Packham isn't my favourite presenter, but he seems to work fine with Kate, and is very knowledgeable.

Simon as usual is utterly brill Day dreaming I also like that Martin chap with the long curly hair.

The Goshawks are wonderful aren't they? Hopefully we will have some good badger action for the whole three weeks, even if they are habituated ones.

I can confirm - Bitterns DO exist, and they are brilliant!!!!
Peter

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janice wrote:

I must say, reading through a lot of those threads on that message board, I despair of the lack of education.

..I no - absulutley oreful aint't it?
Peter

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn wrote:

I also like that Martin chap with the long curly hair.

I believe that he's a former producer of the SW series.
Stranger

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series. The birds of prey pieces have been my favourite so far and if memory serves it's the red kite tonight which I'm looking forward to immensely.

I'm never too keen on seriously interfering with nature which is why I'm not that taken with the Badger shinnanigins.

I like the replacement for Bill although, that said, I liked Bill.

I'm not so keen on Martin, can't put my finger on why but hey, that's just me.

Simon is great and my other half likes him a lot D'oh!

uk.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all,

Really like the new series think they have don a great job Chris is starting to warm a little to me, I think he has great knowledge just hope he doesn't get carried away.
Just wondered if anyone has pressed the red button to watch spring watch unsprung Martin is heavily involved in that.

Hope you all are well

No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
William Blake

David Gooden
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> TV & Radio Alerts All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: