The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Birds at Sandy Bay, Exmouth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Childrens Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Birds at Sandy Bay, Exmouth Reply with quote

I'm on holiday by the sea and I've seen a robin in a tree, lots of sea gulls and a pied wagtail on the ground. There are loads of rabbits too.

Alex
Pete

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's great Alex, very pretty Bird is the Robin. Hope you have had the same weather we've had over the past 3 days - lots of Sun.
Diana May

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alex,

Gosh aren't you lucky being on holiday, especially in a place like Exmouth. Have you been in the pools yet at low tide to search for any crabs etc. I believe there is a cave there that you can investigate as well. Are you staying in a caravan on the holiday camp?

I shall be going to Lyme Regis in a few weeks time, but I shall be looking for fossils, I hope I find some, I'm getting quite excited. We shall be taking both our dogs with us and have found that they are allowed on the beach where we can look for fossils so that is lucky!! Of course I wouldn't think of taking them on a beach where childen were swimming or making sandcastles. Have a great time. Love Diana May Very Happy
Anne

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exmouth is a lovely place - I wish I was on holiday there instead of at work Sad It soundes as though you are seeing lots of interesting wildlife.

I saw my first ever avocets near Starcross (just the other side of the river from Exmouth) a few years ago - I wasn't really "into birds" then but they still made a big impression on me. It's probably a bit late to see them now as I think they head North/East for summer.

Do let us know what else you see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Childrens Corner All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: