The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Nina's Garden Special

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nina

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Nina's Garden Special Reply with quote

My Bird Hide
My Bird Hide
Poster: Nina, viewed 173 Time(s)

I promised to show this when my husband finally completed his creation, now I can say at last it has been finished, but he has been using it to carry on making things, like the plant stands that go out the front of my garden to raise money for the local school down the road.

My insistance of making it so the Swallows can use this if they wish, or if not, I will ask hubby to make an Owl box for the Barn Owls that are around my domain. I hear them most nights, shrieking outside my window, competing with mr and mrs Tawney Owl! They were very quiet last night with the gales blasting through the trees.

Apologies for taking my time for getting on here, but when I am now working like a woman posessed, in a job that is so interesting, I have little time to do anything else!

PS May should see a celebration, when the birds arrive from their travels I may invite some fellow birders to come and join me in the raptor watch!

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Nina's Garden Special Reply with quote

Nina wrote:
PS May should see a celebration, when the birds arrive from their travels I may invite some fellow birders to come and join me in the raptor watch!

Ooh! - yes please!!! Very Happy

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Nina's Garden Special Reply with quote

Strixaluco wrote:
Nina wrote:

Ooh! - yes please!!! Very Happy

Of course you are invited, I have also asked a certain black duck? LOL!

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Nina lovely to see you here again. Your hubby must be very talented, most impressive!

I can confirm - Bitterns DO exist, and they are brilliant!!!!
Tricia

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great Nina - might I "borrow" your husband and his skills please??

*goes off to look up route for to Dorset - just in case *

http://belfiebird.blogspot.com/
Nina

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tricia wrote:
That's great Nina - might I "borrow" your husband and his skills please??

He says it'll be 10 per hour for carpentry, anything else is negotiable!
He has a terrible cheek!

*goes off to look up route for to Dorset - just in case *

I did try answering this last Sunday, but just as it was posting our internet crashed out, for the whole day, and in a five mile radius to my knowledge!
Got back to college on the Monday to find the failure extended over to Ringwood and Wimborne centre. No way of knowing what happened though.

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Some More Shots Reply with quote

View from Hide
View from Hide
Poster: Nina, viewed 65 Time(s)

Entrance to hide
Entrance to hide
Poster: Nina, viewed 70 Time(s)

The New Pergola and Gazebo
The New Pergola and Gazebo
Poster: Nina, viewed 71 Time(s)

Just a few views, one of the view from the hide, one the entrace as it is for viewing, the other one is the new pergola and Gazebo. I did say he has been busy this year, retirement suits him well.

The gazebo and pergola have been built this year, the Hide was finished this year after he had done these jobs. I am very proud of his efforts, but he has got more to do yet, I need to access this in safety after the installation of first time seweraqe through my beautiful garden.

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Just one more shot Reply with quote

This one is from the upstairs window.
from upstairs
from upstairs
Poster: Nina, viewed 70 Time(s)

Leading down to the lower garden
Leading down to the lower garden
Poster: Nina, viewed 76 Time(s)

This is to show what a lovely area this is becoming, just that I didn't get much chance to do much gardening this year, so there are bits done and bits not done. I will have to wait until the warmer weather, but I have tried gardening at weekends, but it is now rather too soggy on my clay soil to be trampling about safely, let alone any attempt to dig it! I even had three roses in bloom last weekend, but then we had frost and they are blackened. Oh Well, just looking forward to next spring.

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn wrote:
Hiya Nina lovely to see you here again. Your hubby must be very talented, most impressive!

Hi to you too, I can see that finally you got to see the magical bittern at last! Good for you! I should be posting more pictures of the garden but I am feeling lazy right now, not to mention, cold. Having visited my Mum in law for the New Year, we get back home to find it feeling bitterly cold in our house. They are supposed to sorting out our heating in the new year, as our fire has been condemmed, only trouble is where everyone has decided to return to woodburning they have sold out of burners and the earliest we can have one put back is Jan5th, this means they will be demolishing our fireplace to install a new backboiler as well as the fireplace. Pretty useless in a place that has only woodburners, we are not allowed to have a Gas Cylinder put into the garden, the other choice is Oil Fired Heating, (which is the most expensive and smelly thing) I am holding out until they invent something better than the current options. I dare not allow oil burning, as I have had a serious reaction to oil fumes in the past, I developed plueresy and pneumonia from past episodes of oil fired heating fumes, and now my neighbours have got a tank right by our fence, so when the wind blows from the east I am unable to got out into the garden, whatsoever! Oh well, I am so looking forward to the warmer weather, and the prospect of raptor viewing in my delightful hide!

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Just to show what it looks like in the snow!! Reply with quote

Snow, that rare phenomenon in this region, but it has done this week!

the view from the hide!
the view from the hide!
Poster: Nina, viewed 58 Time(s)

After the few braved it with 4x4's
After the few braved it with 4x4's
Poster: Nina, viewed 82 Time(s)

The Ash Tree where the owls hoot from
The Ash Tree where the owls hoot from
Poster: Nina, viewed 66 Time(s)

from the window
from the window
Poster: Nina, viewed 61 Time(s)

the Bird hide in the snow
the Bird hide in the snow
Poster: Nina, viewed 67 Time(s)

This is what I awoke to today, after struggling into work yesterday I know better then to attempt this today as it has snowed then frozen again, I will not be stupid as this was the type of weather that got me into this condition in the first place!
Hope you enjoy the pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Garden Habitat All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: