The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Forum software security flaw workaround

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> FAQ and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Forum software security flaw workaround Reply with quote

I have recently become aware of a security flaw in the core version of the forum software we are running here. As yet there is no formal fix for this so I have implemented a temporary fix. Shocked

I hope that no one will notice any adverse effects from this but there is a chance that some posts which use BBCode to display images or link to other sites may not work. You may also notice raw BBCode in the posts, e.g. you may see [url] embedded in a post.

As soon as a formal fix is available I will upgrade the forum software and everything should be back to normal.

If you do not know what BBCode is, then you can probably just ignore this post Smile and ignore any strange text in square brackets.

John
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum software has been upgraded to include a formal fix for the security flaw along with several other minor fixes.
Tricia

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
The forum software has been upgraded to include a formal fix for the security flaw along with several other minor fixes.

Thank you John.

http://belfiebird.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> FAQ and Announcements All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: