The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Guess the Bird Game - please vote!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Other Birding Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it time to close the game?
Should we start again at the beginning?
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Should we stop for a while, then start again from the beginning?
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Should we leave it as it is?
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Should we abandon it entirely?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Guess the Bird Game - please vote! Reply with quote

Is it time to close the game?

We've used about 114 different birds now, and the numbers taking part are very low - so I'm wondering whether we should restart it, or call a halt at this stage.

Please vote on one of the four options above.

If it is decided that we should start again (either now or later), I'll close the existing game, and ask the final winner to start the new one.

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey that must be a first, I've never been 100 per cent of any pole before>
Snowy

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want to vote on any of the above really, can I make another suggestion, could we broaden the selection of birds to European birds. With the continuation of just British birds I find I am running out of birds to describe, without my description covering a number of birds with similar attributes making them very difficult to ID, then I know that people will not have a go of the quiz eg if I put one of the warblers on there would be alot of similarities for just a description without a picture. By broadening the horizons to European birds we can use species that all entrants are familiar with such as Hoopoe, Wall creeper and Golden Oriole. More distinctive birds gives everyone a chance of finding these birds and winning the quiz. Most of the European birds can be found on most bird websites so there is no need to have a reference available. What do you think??

Snowy
pauco

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its always worth a try snowy. Lets see what sort of reply's you get, a change is as good as a rest.

Paul
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Poll is now closed, with a clear majority in favour of ending the quiz game now, and having a break before starting again at the beginning.

I shall close the quiz thread when the winner of the current question is declared - and he or she will be asked to pose the first question when we start again.

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot about this!!

I saw it when I was away...... Confused

well its probably a good idea to start again later as it had got to very few people attempting to answer....as Snowy say's above it was getting tricky to set the questions!!

Good fun tho and I look forward to seeing the new all Dancing Banana! quiz when it recommences!!

Eagles Rule!

http://eagles-eye-on-life.blogspot.com
pauco

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to give a big hand to all those who made this quiz such good fun Applause Applause Applause and to Corinna for her sneaky clues Laughing

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Other Birding Topics All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: