The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Badgers, and webcams!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
badgerwatcher

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Badgers, and webcams! Reply with quote

Ok, so as Hugh suggested, I need to set up a webcam.
As I stay away from the larger part of the garden at night, (don't want to disturb them) I have no idea of the badgers' and foxes' movements up there, or even which of the sett entrances, if either, is their main one, although the badger paths give some idea of their patterns of behaviour.
The only place I'm sure of seeing them regularly is outside my side door and dining room window, although I can hear them talking to each other all over the garden. It sounds like a safari park!
So I need advise on possibly a weather proof webcam, also I could put one in the side porch, which would give limited field of vision, but weather protection.
I am seeing this as a long term project, and as research, so I can build from one to more as money allows.
We have only just got our first nest box with camera, and haven't even set that up yet, so no experience whatsoever.
So, bearing in mind that I will be adding on, can I please have advise on where to start as far as buying equipment, good retail outlets, makes, etc.?
And any drawbacks with particular aspects or items of kit.

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We discovered eco-watch when we looking for a camera eqipped nest box. They do night vision cameras too:

http://www.eco-watch.com/

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous, thank you, Elizabeth.
Where's my purse and my coat?

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's wonderful,Elizabeth.And exactly what I need. Night vision ones too, and underwater ones, for the pond I haven't dug yet! Laughing
I'll start saving straight away as one is simply not enough! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Webcams All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: