The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Can't see anyone's photos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane E

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Can't see anyone's photos Reply with quote

Hello. I enjoy very much reading about peoples garden birds. However, lately I have not been able to see anyone's photos ie. photos have not been showing up on my screen. There is just a line of text giving size of picture and how many time it has been viewed. I can't click on it or anything.

Can someone tell me how I can get to view the photos attached to threads please? Thank you very much.
Pete

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right did a bit of experimentation. I think you need to be signed into see the photos. I think this may have been a change recently, mods/admin can confirm this.

Oddly I can see photo's in the welcome section regardless of whether I'm signed in.

Dethhhpicable
ithhn't it

http://thequacksoflife.blogspot.com
Janice

wales.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete is correct. It's no good being a lurker or Guest to view the photos, you have to be logged in. I notice there is always "Guests" listed on the bottom of this board, wonder why people hide? Are we all so unfriendly that they don't want us to see them browsing? There's actually one here at this moment...... Confused

In Wales, if the cows are laying down, it's going to rain.
If they are standing up, it is raining. Wink
Corinna

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janice wrote:
Pete is correct. It's no good being a lurker or Guest to view the photos, you have to be logged in. I notice there is always "Guests" listed on the bottom of this board, wonder why people hide? Are we all so unfriendly that they don't want us to see them browsing? There's actually one here at this moment...... Confused

Janice, sometimes it might be a member who isn't logged in - I know a couple of people who surf in and out of some forums without being logged on to them...nowt to do with our unfriendliness.....

and there are always those people(Guests) who lurk before joining or just never join!! Wink

Its the "hidden" ones you need to watch! Shocked

Eagles Rule!

http://eagles-eye-on-life.blogspot.com
Diane E

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Sorry, no, still having problems seeing the photos.

In the 'garden visitors' section I can see one photo - 'Junior now comes into the kitchen'. Can't see the one in 'success or coincidence' or 'baby blackbird'.

In 'welcome' I can't even see my own pictures in my own thread!

In each case, there is just a line of text giving the picture size and the number of views. Nothing happens if I hovver over the text or click on it.

Any ideas, please?
Janice

wales.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, now that is weird! Sounds like a job for John! Must be a browser issue I would think if you can see some of them, but not others. Hopefully, he will see this thread and offer some advice.

Edit. I've just logged out and become Guest. I can still see all the pictures on all of the threads. Confused What browser are you using out of interest? Because some of the websites I use won't allow me to view things with the one I am using, but no problem on here (I use one called Maxthon)

In Wales, if the cows are laying down, it's going to rain.
If they are standing up, it is raining. Wink
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janice wrote:
Hmm, now that is weird! Sounds like a job for John! Must be a browser issue I would think if you can see some of them, but not others. Hopefully, he will see this thread and offer some advice.

Edit. I've just logged out and become Guest. I can still see all the pictures on all of the threads. Confused What browser are you using out of interest? Because some of the websites I use won't allow me to view things with the one I am using, but no problem on here (I use one called Maxthon)

Diane - as Janice says, this could be a job for John (aka gasteropod)! However he is in Orlando, Florida at the moment with the family (we've had emails from outer space, sent by two of our grandchildren) - so he can't help right now. I'm sorry about this - but Janice's suggestion may be a pointer to the source of the problem.

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use internet explorer. Does anyone else?

If John does see this message when he comes back from his hols, and can help me, that would be great.

Thank you all!
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Internet Explorer (version 6) and Malcolm uses version 7 with no problems about pics, so it certainly seems as though we need John's help here!!! He's away for another week, and may take a few days to get back to normal, but I'm sure he'll take a look at this as soon as he can.

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought Diane,

I am no expert like John, so please dont blame me if I get it wrong.
but you could try the following if you are using Internet Explorer:-

1) Open Control Panel
2) Double click on the icon "Internet Options"
3) In the box which appears select the "Advanced" tab
4) Scroll down the list ( without clicking anything else) and under
the "multimedia" list you should see an item labelled "Show pictures"
If there is no tick in the box by the side of this item left click in
the box and a tick should appear.
If you have ticked the box click "Apply" followed by O.K.
If there was already a tick in the box click O.K.
Close Control Panel and try the site again.

If there is a tick in the box it will need further investigation for instance your pop-up blocker, firewall, or parental controls could be preventing them from appearing.

Hope this helps.

Another John.
Diane E

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your advice - the effort you went to to type those instructions is much appreciated!

The 'picture' box was already ticked unfortunately.

Thanks again.
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to "Another John" for the advice - but I'm sorry it didn't work. Looks like we'll have to await gasteropod's return then. Crying or Very sad

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies ladies. I'm sorry I did not resolve this problem.

Diane, try right clicking the space where the picture should be and tell me what you get in the box.
Good luck
Another John
Diane E

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

When I right click on the place where the picture should be, the following options are 'available':

Back
Select All
Creat Shortcut
Add to Favourites
View Source
Encoding (which has an arrow to the right for more options)
Print
Refresh
Export to Microsoft Excel
Properties

The place where the picture should be just has text which gives the size of file and the number of times it has been viewed eg.

82.77KB, Viewed 14 Time(s)

When I hovver the cursor over the text, the cursor is not a 'hand'. It is like a capital 'I' ie. a text cursor. If I copy and paste it, it copies the text.

There is one picture I can see at the moment - the robin in 'Junior now comes into the kitchen' in the garden visitors forum. When I right click on the picture the options available are totally different ie. normal picture related options eg. 'save picture as', 'export picture to' etc.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Diana May

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane, I am replying for John (Hampshire Hogg). He said that he will get back to you in the morning when he can concentrate a bit better. He said he can't promise that he will be able to come up with the answer but he will do his best. Sorry that he can't answer you at the moment.

Diana May
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: