The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Guess that bird game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoD Bird

scotland.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Guess that bird game Reply with quote

Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea

I often have daft idea's and this is probably one of them, but thought it might be fun and improve our knowledge of birds at the same time.

The game would start off by someone posting a detailed descriprion of a BRITISH BIRD (probably by looking at a photograph of it, from a book or something) and everyone who is on the site thereafter has to guess the species of it. Extra clues could be added like description of movement, description of song etc, etc.

Whoever guesses correctly first would be the person to post the next description, the folowing day and the game would continue like that

The only pitfall I can see is that if the person who posts description does not log on for couple of days in order to advise what the correct answer is. If this happens, after two days, someone could just start off a new description.

We may get bored of this after a couple of weeks but thought it might be funny and worth a try ??
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite an idea - but I think we would have to handicap a few people! Wink I won't mention names - but they know who they are! Laughing

Let's see what response we get here.

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me.

As an expansion to that idea ... how about an extreme close up on part of a photo of a bird, and guess the bird that way, too?
pauco

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. When do we start.

Paul
Dawn

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes yes yes, I love these games, good idea.

Strixaluco wrote:
but I think we would have to handicap a few people! Wink

bagsy I get to gag Pete and Dave Pray

I can confirm - Bitterns DO exist, and they are brilliant!!!!
Grandma_Fizzy

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I am up for it.. Probably wont be any good but it will be fun Laughing

Life isn't about the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away. ANONYMOUS
ornithopod

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds a great idea - provided people are willing to put the work in to set the questions!

Over to you BoD Bird - why don't you kick the whole thing off with a new thread in Other Birding Topics?

Or would somebody else like to have a go?

Our Bluetit Diary can be found at http://www.biggonline.co.uk
BoD Bird

scotland.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First bird is now on
Snowy

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess that bird game Reply with quote

BoD Bird wrote:
Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea

I often have daft idea's and this is probably one of them, but thought it might be fun and improve our knowledge of birds at the same time.

The game would start off by someone posting a detailed descriprion of a BRITISH BIRD (probably by looking at a photograph of it, from a book or something) and everyone who is on the site thereafter has to guess the species of it. Extra clues could be added like description of movement, description of song etc, etc.

Whoever guesses correctly first would be the person to post the next description, the folowing day and the game would continue like that

The only pitfall I can see is that if the person who posts description does not log on for couple of days in order to advise what the correct answer is. If this happens, after two days, someone could just start off a new description.

We may get bored of this after a couple of weeks but thought it might be funny and worth a try ??
What about putting some of our dodge photo's up for ID I have loads here's a couple to start you off, Make sure you change the name of the picture or when the cursor is put over the image it will tell you what it is.

1 .jpg
8.59 KB

2 .jpg
13.81 KB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: