The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

BBF Releases and updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> FAQ and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: BBF 1.15.0 Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
Dawn wrote:
Administrator wrote:
Only the really astute will notice a couple of minor cosmetic fixes

couldn't see a thing Confused Confused Silly

whatever you've done - thanks John!

I think the word was astute..................

So you found it then, Pete? Wink Laughing

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: BBF 1.15.0 Reply with quote

Strixaluco wrote:
[quote="Pete

So you found it then, Pete? Wink Laughing[/quote]

Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing

just giving you an opening Pete - you are reliable aren't you Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I can confirm - Bitterns DO exist, and they are brilliant!!!!
Pete

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: BBF 1.15.0 Reply with quote

Dawn wrote:
Strixaluco wrote:
Pete wrote:

So you found it then, Pete? Wink Laughing

Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing

just giving you an opening Pete - you are reliable aren't you Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

and I even fixed your quote error....................

Hug

Dethhhpicable
ithhn't it

http://thequacksoflife.blogspot.com
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: BBF 1.15.1 Reply with quote

Another minor upgrade to include some random photo album pictures to the index page. This should make it clearer we have an album since it was a little hidden away before and is still missed by some people.
Peter

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: BBF 1.15.1 Reply with quote

Nice idea. Just found it. How about putting it at the top...?

Administrator wrote:
Another minor upgrade to include some random photo album pictures to the index page. This should make it clearer we have an album since it was a little hidden away before and is still missed by some people.
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: BBF 1.16.0 Reply with quote

Just another minor update dubbed the "Christmas Eve Update" to bring us into line with the latest versions and security fixes of the main forum and attachment code just released.

John
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: BBF 1.16.1 Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
Just another minor update dubbed the "Christmas Eve Update" to bring us into line with the latest versions and security fixes of the main forum and attachment code just released.

John

Ooops, in my zeal doing the updates I accidentally removed one very important tag needed for attachments to work. Embarassed

Thankfully this was very simple to track down and is now added back in hence the even more minor "New Years Eve Eve Update" to fix this. Just to prove this is working here is a very nice picture of Y Garn taken when I was in Snowdonia last month.

img_1484.jpg
Y Garn from Pen yr Ole Wen
Snowdonia
Wales
29.94 KB, Viewed 854 Time(s)

Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: BBF 1.16.2 Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
Administrator wrote:

John

Ooops, in my zeal doing the updates I accidentally removed one very important tag needed for attachments to work. Embarassed

Thankfully this was very simple to track down and is now added back in hence the even more minor "New Years Eve Eve Update" to fix this. Just to prove this is working here is a very nice picture of Y Garn taken when I was in Snowdonia last month.

Oh dear, looks like I made another mistake. Embarassed I'd also broken the Usergroups link which therefore prevented people joining the Anything Goes group. Anyway, another easy one to fix so it's back now. I will do better this year. Angel

Oh yes, free membership for a year to anyone who notices the minor change I made a few days ago which I slipped into this release. Twisted Evil

John
Corinna

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not after free membership,but it was strange last night adding attachments when they were not shown as having been done....ususally there is a list of attachments made....

it was ok so I didn't worry ...as I used preview to check they were there!!

?

Eagles Rule!

http://eagles-eye-on-life.blogspot.com
Steve.H

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, Angel

Thank you firstly for keeping the site running smoothly and my I wish you a Very Happy New Year.

I think your little change is the fact we now have a little "Angel" emoticon.
Unless I have just not seen it before Think

Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corinna wrote:
Not after free membership,but it was strange last night adding attachments when they were not shown as having been done....ususally there is a list of attachments made....

it was ok so I didn't worry ...as I used preview to check they were there!!

?

You had me going there for a minute; I'm afraid it's always been like this. You only see the list of attachments if you click the Posted Attachments button which appears after you added the first one. I think it would make more sense if you at least saw a list of the pictures as you are adding them though.

I am in the process of doing a big update which will affect this screen so I will see if it makes sense to change it then. Don't hold you breath though I have been doing this update for months and expected to have had it out before Christmas and it's not done yet!

John
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve.H wrote:
Hi John, Angel

Thank you firstly for keeping the site running smoothly and my I wish you a Very Happy New Year.

I think your little change is the fact we now have a little "Angel" emoticon.
Unless I have just not seen it before Think

It's not the "Angel" either.

To save everyone posting I'll tell you. When reading your messages there is a chart on the right hand side showing how full your inbox is. There used to be an empty chart on the left hand side. This chart is only used if attachments are enabled in private messages, but since we do not have this functionality enabled the chart was always empty. The empty chart is no longer shown and is only displayed if private message attachments are enabled.

John
gasteropod

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: BBF 1.16.3 Reply with quote

Just a minor upgrade taking us to BBF 1.16.3. A slight change in colour to the random photo block header on the main page and a change to the most users online shown below this. The figure was a little spurious since it included guests and could therefore be wildly affected by googlebot, slurp, scooter and other spiders which crawl the forum at regular intervals.

The figure displayed is now the most registered users online and has been reset back to zero. We should now see a more realistic figure in future. What can you get this up to?

gasteropod

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: BBF 1.17.1 Reply with quote

Another very minor update to fix a couple of minor issues. The main issue being that the view count for large pictures in the album (those which need to be clicked on to view the full size image) was not being incremented when the picture was viewed. This is fixed but of course we cannot tell how many viewings have been missed.
gasteropod

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: BBF 1.18.0 Reply with quote

After a while with no updates, some minor updates were loaded tonight due to an update released by the phpBB team who provide the underlying forum software. I do not expect you to notice anything since the fixes are minor and mainly in the area of administration. If you see any problems though do let me know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> FAQ and Announcements All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: