The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

BBF Releases and updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> FAQ and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: BBF Releases and updates Reply with quote

You may not notice any changes but we hit a major milestone today. The forum has been upgraded to the latest version of phpBB and is now under full CVS version control. This is BBF rel-1-1.

There have been a few cosmetic changes such as the updated header to give some consistency between this forum and Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages but other than this I hope you won't notice any changes.

If you find anything not working please let me know ASAP although I hope everything should be stable. I will post details of future updates by replying to this topic.

John
Anne

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this is as a result of the upgrade or not - but I no longer seem to get the `New posts' icon. Noticed this yesterday - I now lhave to look at the last post date & time to see if there is anything new ..... but this is a minor inconvenience on what is developing into a great little forum .... well done !!
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne wrote:
Don't know if this is as a result of the upgrade or not - but I no longer seem to get the `New posts' icon. Noticed this yesterday - I now lhave to look at the last post date & time to see if there is anything new ..... but this is a minor inconvenience on what is developing into a great little forum .... well done !!

Let me know if this is a continuing problem. I thought I was seeing this too yesterday but I was flitting between the admin login and my personal login and was thinking this was confusing things. It seems not to be a problem now. All the posts today have shown up with a new post icon.
Dawn

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: BBF Releases and updates Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
You may not notice any changes but we hit a major milestone today. The forum has been upgraded to the latest version of phpBB and is now under full CVS version control. This is BBF rel-1-1.

John

Confused Confused I'll take your word for it. - are you speaking English?

yours

Technophobe Dawn
Karwin

finland.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: BBF Releases and updates Reply with quote

Dawn wrote:
Confused Confused I'll take your word for it. - are you speaking English?

yours

Technophobe Dawn

Well, it is not Finnish Mr. Green
Administrator wrote:

John

-handlap-icons-
Very Happy

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
Let me know if this is a continuing problem. I thought I was seeing this too yesterday but I was flitting between the admin login and my personal login and was thinking this was confusing things. It seems not to be a problem now. All the posts today have shown up with a new post icon.

I was having problems with some other stuff earlier that required me to clear all cookies ... that seems to have cured the problem here. So it was obviously me rather than the upgrade Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the reply though
gasteropod

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: BBF Releases and updates Reply with quote

Karwin wrote:
-handlap-icons-
Very Happy

You mean Applause

Wink
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBF Release 1.4.0 has just been loaded. The only change I expect you to see if the slight increase in size of thumbnail images for new attached files. Existing thumbnails will stay the same size.

Let me know if you do experience any problems.

John
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of minor updates have been applied today.

Firstly an update to bring the extra smileys window to the front if it is already open. I hope this will solve the problem where people think the link is not working.

Secondly an update which is for mozilla or firefox users. I have applied an update so that smileys will be inserted at the cursor location rather than the end of the text. This is the same behaviour that IE users already have. I had actually thought I had made this update in July but only just noticed I had done this only for the main posting window and not when using the extra smileys window or in the photo album.

Watch out for other updates soon. I hope to finally implement some of the requests and suggestions people have been making for BBF.

There are also some are behind the scenes updates which you will probably not notice but should improve the overall function of the forums.

John
Diana May

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you John for all your hard work. I am sure that everyone appreciates what you are doing, especially during the holiday period. Applause

Diana May
Kit

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
...Secondly an update which is for mozilla or firefox users. I have applied an update so that smileys will be inserted at the cursor location rather than the end of the text.

Thanks for all your work, John - I already find this forum much easier to use than others I've come across. If there's a way to do the above for Safari users as well, that'd be pop-tastic! (But don't worry if not, I can just keep cutting-and-pasting them like so: Very Happy !)

Kit.
Tricia

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - again - very many thanks. Flowers

I'm a Firefox user and thought that "smileys" appearing at the end of the text was normal. So - no more cutting and pasting Smile Smile And it works Very Happy Very Happy

http://belfiebird.blogspot.com/
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit wrote:
Administrator wrote:
...Secondly an update which is for mozilla or firefox users. I have applied an update so that smileys will be inserted at the cursor location rather than the end of the text.

Thanks for all your work, John - I already find this forum much easier to use than others I've come across. If there's a way to do the above for Safari users as well, that'd be pop-tastic! (But don't worry if not, I can just keep cutting-and-pasting them like so: Very Happy !)

Kit.

Sorry, I do not have access to a MAC and I'm not familiar with the javascript implementation of safari so I'm not sure I can look into this. My only suggestion is that you would probably not have a problem with Camino since this is mozilla based.

John
Dawn

uk.gif
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
Sorry, I do not have access to a MAC and I'm not familiar with the javascript implementation of safari so I'm not sure I can look into this. My only suggestion is that you would probably not have a problem with Camino since this is mozilla based.

John

John - thanks for all your hard work to get BBF up and running - you're a star (even if you do speak a different language Confused ) Applause Cheers

I can confirm - Bitterns DO exist, and they are brilliant!!!!
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another minor update today in response to feedback. There is a new dropdown menu under the image at the top right of the main page just below the 'View posts since last visit' where you can select to 'View all posts' in the specified period which you can select from the dropdown list.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> FAQ and Announcements All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: