The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Greatbluehopefuls nest box 2013-2018 - Kildare,Ireland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greatbluehopeful

ireland.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul...really good idea....and I checked all that...I'm connected up to 12v. So thats that ruled out.

Ok...in the light of day, when comparing the two cameras, my new cameras are not worse...they are just very different to the old Aldi ones (which give a softer, vibrant image, but no real definition)....and I think I'm just not used to how the new cameras look.

I have the two side by side now, and there is much deeper definition in the new cameras.....I can make out details that I never could with the Aldi cameras.... my difficulty I think is the colour.

I can't seem to get it right....I had a look at the LEDs again, and if fact I was wrong about them being cool white....they are in fact warm white LEDS.

I played around with the DVR and settings and this is what i've come up with....what do you think? I still think the colours are a bit bleached out? Might go higher on the 'temperature'.

Camera test
Camera test
Poster: Greatbluehopeful, viewed 15 Time(s)

There is also the possibility that it might look better on a TV screen, rather than the computer monitor?

Lastly, I'm waiting on my cables...maybe they'll be better quality. Im not sure if these current cables are compatible with 700TVL....I'm hopeful these new ones will be better as they are supposed to be compatible with 700 TVL. We'll see...maybe that will make the difference.

WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always have my camera's on the telly anyway GBH,
Never use the computer,
Hopefully the cables make you more happy with the camera, The video I posted lastnight in my side box only got a 420TVL Sony CCD camera in from Gardenature its the one under the 700TVL as you can see from my video the colour is amazing, That is even after losing quality by filming it on my phone off my tv screen so your 700TVL with the led light should be giving even sharper better images, Like I said thought I always get my cameras from gardenature so can't compare them to the spycamera ones.

Greatbluehopeful

ireland.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....for better or worse the new Cedar side box camera is now ready and in place.

There's a bad storm coming so maybe I'll get lucky. I've three boxes up now so they've loads of choice for shelter.

View from outside.
View from outside.
Poster: Greatbluehopeful, viewed 21 Time(s)

Outdoor cctv camera - too far away!!!
Outdoor cctv camera - too far away!!!
Poster: Greatbluehopeful, viewed 11 Time(s)

Inside view
Inside view
Poster: Greatbluehopeful, viewed 16 Time(s)

I'll spend a bit of time on the colour etc and see if there's any better settings etc...but I actually think that it looks as now.

WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks brilliant GBH,
Did your cables come to test it on the TV?
Where about is this one? Replaced the aldi box or you keeping that in the same place?
After all these improvements and two brand new boxes your luck for next year surely needs to be in?!
You've done all you can now and give them a choice of a few nest places.

Greatbluehopeful

ireland.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the cables arrived and I've set them up with the DVR but not with a TV monitor as I put it away, and seem to have misplaced it!!!

Plus I've been speaking to a chap who deals with Hikvision DVRS, which is the one I have and he is going to assist me with my digital settings.

He thinks from how I've explained the 'washed' out look that I need to change the resolution. He's going to log on remotely and view what I'm seeing online....and then make the required changes, if any needs to be made. He also believes the quality may be poorer visually because I'm using a VGA connection to my old pc monitor, but if I used a HDMI connection to a new PC/TV screen I would get the full potential of the 700TVL cameras So now!! Razz

Anyway, yes, the sidebox replaced exactly where the Aldi box was. So hopefully the two birds that have been visiting won't notice ! ha,ha!!!

The Aldi box is back up over the bins now.....don't expect much from that...

That's it...I most definitely have done all I can now for sure. If I get no roosters, or eventually no nests...I will go down in history as the most unfortunate person on this forum EVER!!!! Rolling Eyes

Greatbluehopeful

ireland.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I had a quiet week here with only one fleeting visit to the topview Cedar box at the end of the garden, but some entrance landings and an internal visit into the newly located Aldi box. Rolling Eyes I find this so funny!! Why the noticeable interest in this old box all of a sudden!!!???

I'm thinking that the quiet was due to our interference of all the boxes last weekend and maybe the birds needed a few days to build up the courage to approach the boxes again?

But this morning I had my very 1st visit into the newly built sidebox from a pair of blue tits....they stayed for a really long, long time in and around the new side box ....isn't strange that these appear to be still a couple???

Heres a few pictures to mark the occasion.

Clearly a pair still
Clearly a pair still
Poster: Greatbluehopeful, viewed 20 Time(s)

1st entry to the brand new Cedar side box.
1st entry to the brand new Cedar side box.
Poster: Greatbluehopeful, viewed 24 Time(s)

Having a look around
Having a look around
Poster: Greatbluehopeful, viewed 16 Time(s)

Good inspection
Good inspection
Poster: Greatbluehopeful, viewed 13 Time(s)

View from the entrance
View from the entrance
Poster: Greatbluehopeful, viewed 15 Time(s)

Northern Kar

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pictures, I was wondering when they pair up. I have just put a tit box up in the tree in my garden and this morning a bluetit spotted it and had a look inside, when he popped his head out to look outside another bluetit appeared at a feeder in the tree and he flew out to it and they were chasing around in the tree and I wasnt sure if they were paired or two males having a scrap! Confused
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant pictures GBH,
The colour is actually great after you worrying!
The side boxes are my most checked out boxes, I think it may be the design and size of them,
Alot bigger than your standard box on the wall and shape it and things probably interests the birds because you can't exactly miss them.
So glad you are getting visits for long though, Looking great for spring!!
My female rooster seems to have a male he comes the hole everynight before she goes asleep really weird still seeing them paired.

Greatbluehopeful

ireland.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone....hope the roosting is kicking off for everyone.
I'm getting great activity in all three boxes, lots and lots of visits, but as yet, not one has taken the plunge to actually roost?

But..... maybe this is not a bad thing that we have no roosters yet as things are about to dramatically change around here for me and my family!!!

This is all very sudden, and just happened during the week, but we spotted a cottage that has gone up for sale that we really like a few miles up the road from where I currently live, and we decided to see if we can get it.

It is in the rural countryside on 3 acres of land.

We have been dreaming about this opportunity for 20 years, since we first met and have been working hard towards it. The time is right for us now.

We always wanted to grow our own small scale produce and work the land. Also we want to provide an untouched meadow area for mice, birds, bats and other such wildlife.

We have decided to put our family home up for sale this week and take the plunge. Yikes!!!!! Shocked

It has lots of mature trees surrounding it - lots of scope for birdie activity, so fingers crossed it will all work out.

You guys on this site probably won't be shocked to hear, that the very first thing I thought of as I was viewing the new house, was where can I put my bird boxes!!! lol!!!! Only members here would appreciate that!!! Laughing

We may not get this particular house of course, we are not that naive, so many variables and hoops to jump through, but if it doesn't work out with this house, the wheels are in motion now to move somewhere similar in the next few months.

I'll be bringing my bird boxes with me of course, and its is possible, if we are gone before next Spring, I will never know if they would have been successful here in their current location...oh well!!! Laughing

Anyway, that's my news...I'm excited, but very nervous too as you can imagine. I will know more as the week goes on if we have been successful . There may be tears.... Crying or Very sad

WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBH,
Best of luck with the house, Sounds like it would be a wildlife heaven! 3 acres of land tad bit jealous! Laughing
Fingers cross you get it!
Imagine come Spring "Well everyone nest building in all 3 boxes is underway" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

sammi

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GBH
Wow.....sounds like absolute heaven. I do hope it goes through for you.....and that it's all finalised before nesting starts! Very Happy i am just a little jealous Four leaf clover Four leaf clover All the best luck in the world.
Sammi
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates GBH?
On the boxes or your dream house!
Really hope you got it, I will be looking out for any updates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Bird Boxes All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36

Jump to: