The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Will they wont they.?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Kar

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I thought the same too and think it is very likely. Fingers crossed they all make it and keep visiting.
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh how lovely Karen. Great birthday gift. Enjoy rest of your day. Flowers
Sue
Northern Kar

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sue , it really has been lovely day just relaxing watching the birds, going to enjoy a chinese meal now! Very Happy
Northern Kar

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather. Cool
I still get baby Bluetits visiting the garden, no way of knowing if they are Chicos but so nice to see the next generation. Can someone explain what happens to the adults BTs, as I havnt seen one for a while, I so miss Chico and Boulder Sad
I have left Chicos waxworm feeder in place as I know if she visits I am sure she will recall its there and pop down to see if there is a treat inside!
One more question, I am unsure wether to keep the box they nested in or change it for a newer and better one, dont want to put them off coming again by changing it.
Kind regards to you all.
Karen.
Bluetitkeeper

ireland.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Kar wrote:
Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather. Cool
I still get baby Bluetits visiting the garden, no way of knowing if they are Chicos but so nice to see the next generation. Can someone explain what happens to the adults BTs, as I havnt seen one for a while, I so miss Chico and Boulder Sad
I have left Chicos waxworm feeder in place as I know if she visits I am sure she will recall its there and pop down to see if there is a treat inside!
One more question, I am unsure wether to keep the box they nested in or change it for a newer and better one, dont want to put them off coming again by changing it.
Kind regards to you all.
Karen.

Same with my pair, now they are moulting they lie low and don’t visit the gardens as much.
I am in the same boat with my new Camera box, when my 3x RSPB’s were so successful. Guess we should take the plunge! I’m installing in August/September.

1x 28mm Blue tit box (Fledged in June)
*New Blue tit camera box to be installed in August!
*New feeding station to be installed in August!
Northern Kar

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluetitkeeper my hubby has made a sparrow street(3 in a row), as we get a lot of sparrows calling so will be putting that up soon, also he has made me a new titbox which is deeper than my other one so I hope it will give a better view with the camera. Very Happy So looking forward to next season and what it may bring! Smile
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done to the hubby,
Can't wait to see your new box and hopefully 2019 is great season for you both with new camera boxes.
For the sparrows make sure the boxes are right next to the eves of the house, Our sparrows seem to love where the box is and been very successful for 3 years on the run so far on to our third brood of them at moment.

Northern Kar

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul. Excellent news on your Sparrows, it has been a great year for sure.
Thanks for the tip on box placement, I was wondering were would be best. I wil get a pic of them and pop them on here when I get them all ready to go.
Speak soon. Smile
Northern Kar

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.
I woke up this morning to the wonderful sound of Blue tits calling in the Rowan tree, they have been away for the best part of 5 weeks or so apart from the odd one, so happy to see them and hear them again, I think there was 5 or 6, some adults and some of this years youngsters.
Back from the moult.
Back from the moult.
Poster: Northern Kar, viewed 4 Time(s)
I got a pic of one that resembled Boulder but hard to be 100% certain. But so great to see them visiting again. Fingers crossed one will roost Very Happy
blueeyedchick

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delightful Karen, nice pic too. Very Happy Ours are not back from the moult yet in fact the garden is devoid of birds except pigeons but I'm sure they will return when the weather changes. It was a chilly night here last night so I shall switch my cameras on! Wonder if it was the handsome Boulder? Thinking
Northern Kar

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello blueeyedchick, yes it has turned quite chilly here in North Yorks, the berries in the tree are going orange also, our garden too has been very quiet, even the Starlings have been scarce, but slowly they are all coming back. Very Happy
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous picture Karen,
I am surprise both you and Kathy don't see any blue tits after nesting.
They all stay in my garden until around March, I currently have around 15 or so blue tits visiting feeders, They will stay all winter now and around March it goes down to around 5 or 6.

Karen, To answer what you asked in my page, Yes I seen the ringed birds often, Theres 4 yellow rings (chicks from this year) that I see daily, Also got an orange ring on pop in from time to time (last years brood) but today I seen a purple ring on which was from 2016! so I was well happy with that.

Red and Pink rings for next year I think Laughing planning ahead already Shocked

Northern Kar

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awe thats great so they dont travel too far from their birth place then.
The blue tits and their babies stayed around right up until I would say 5 weeks ago then they just seem to disappear all but the odd one, I heard its to do with moulting their feathers. But so glad they have come back! Smile
Northern Kar

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.
Hope you have all had a great summer. I just wanted to share a nest I discovered whilst walking my dog. I was alerted by the sound of chicks being fed in a horse chestnut tree, on closer inspection I could see a nest made of hair etc and it was covered in droppings, then I saw the parent return and it was a goldfinch. I returned with my camera and got a couple of pics which are not great, they are well hidden in the tree foliage. But was so thrilled to see this! Very Happy
goldfinch nest
goldfinch nest
Poster: Northern Kar, viewed 2 Time(s)
I didnt think birds were still rearing young in September!
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had some goldfinches fledge last week Karen,
I did try and get a camera over the nest and nearly broke me neck so wasn't my wises of moves Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Bird Boxes All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: