The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

SueP nestboxes 2018
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: SueP nestboxes 2018 Reply with quote

Well, nothing to report re camera box. Had a couple of interesting visits (including two nest wriggles), but no takers to date. However, things may be happening in my 'tree box'. The one sat beneath the only tree in my garden. No camera. This box was used last year but was unable to see it from anywhere except right in front of it. Popped it over the wall so I can now see it from my dining room . Had to make a canopy for it to give shelter as knew it would be in totally the wrong direction. A pair of blue tits have been daily in the tree and nosing in and out of the box. Two days ago I noticed they were just flying in and out without any hesitation - and then I spotted this:

Nesting material maybe
Nesting material maybe
Poster: SueP, viewed 6 Time(s)

A few seconds later the grasses were pulled in and blue tit flew out. I don't want to count my chickens and all that but I am definitely keeping my fingers well and truly crossed.

January inspection
January inspection
Poster: SueP, viewed 6 Time(s)

Closer look
Closer look
Poster: SueP, viewed 7 Time(s)

Sue Fingers crossed
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Sue,

That is brilliant!! Very Happy looks like you could be the first to have the blue tit building? Its 10c today here and sunny but by saturday temps are taken a huge dip again 2c of a day feeling minus 4 and minus of a night looks set to carry on through next week.

Poor birds are going to be so confused.

Looking forward to the updates, Lovely pictures as usual!

ELLE

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo Shocked
That looks really promising Sue, I do hope you get something to take your lovely photos of!
Looking forward to the updates.

Our weather here in Hull Are much the same as Paul’s, one day is chucking it down next it’s sunshine & warm, & today I hear it’s going to snow at wkend so I do feel sorry for the poor birds, if I don’t know where I am with the weather they probs won’t! Rolling Eyes

Elle
Xx
blueeyedchick

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue
That is fandabbidozy as they say, when I first started to read your post I thought you were going to say its the camera box!!!!I have so been wishing that to happen for you.
Anyway looks very like things are on the up at yours, I would say that is definitely a nest starting. Lovely pictures too but would we expect any less from our Sue?
There is a few strands of grass in my Box 1 but at the mo they are too busy stuffing themselves with mealies!!! Laughing

Kathy x
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks Paul, ELLE and Kathy. Don't want to get too excited because may all come to nothing. Especially as looks like weather going to turn cold again yet. Photos taken through a patio door and a window ha ha. Zoomed in as at bottom of my garden - but at least I can see it. Yes Kathy, so wish it was the camera box. Really was hoping for that this year instead of all the guessing etc. We will see how this unfolds.
Sue
Gina1948

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sue, looks promising even if they've picked the wrong box! Still plenty time for your camera box, I really hope you have some news soon. Either way I think your pics are wonderful so keep 'em coming.
xxMariaxx

wales.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a lucky box for you sue... Shame you can't hook it up with a camera..
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gina and Maria, thanks for comments. Yes, seems lucky box, my son has one the same and had a nest in it every year since he's had it. They obviously like the three 'windows/ doors'. Only way to put a camera in would be to glue it because it's concrete, but hubby won't have the wires from it to the house or electric point Sad . Mustn't moan cause he is very good in lots of other ways.
Sue
xxMariaxx

wales.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him in a pleasant manner sue that you must have a second camera before the end of the month or you will file for divorce... It may be the kick he needs.. or he will think this forums sent you crazy ha ha..Roll on the floor laughing Whistle
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it Maria Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing Applause .
Sue
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a very quiet couple of days with snow around and no sign of blue tits whatsoever, however am happy to say they are back at my tree box this morning - phew.
Also, see that Malcolm and Elizabeth's box 2 making speedy progress now, moss going in.
Good luck all
Sue
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great that there back Sue, The cold weather seems to be slowing this down alot this year.
ELLE

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pics Sue as always

Can’t you block the holes up so they use your camera box Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing

Fingers crossed for you, you so deserve a nest you can see Laughing

Elle
Xx
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Elle, you wicked person, great idea though Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing
Sue
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue, I don't think you've got it in you to do that to them. Laughing Laughing Plus I like seeing your pictures from the outside always fantastic! So don't you go blocking no holes in or our forum friendship will come to an end Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Bird Boxes All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: