The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

K's lifer project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karwin

finland.gif
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Cont'd-

Lithuania in October

Morning starts at 4 when I wake and do not recatch dreamland - jetlag joys of flying west. Breakfast begins at 6 and our taxi to airport comes 6.50. In the airport I try to get twentieth Ukrainian bird species with no luck - not even on accidental fieldfare. That is a bit strange, as the airport is surrounded by wetlands and downstream of Kyev there is an artificial lake with on-the-map-good-looking delta.

One hour flight to Vilnius is - surprise not - late, half an hour. When approaching Lithuania, we ask permission to move our group on free front seats, and personnel assures us that it will be a quick and easy transfer to Finnair is plane to Helsinki. In Vilnius we rush out to find that transfer corridor is closed. So we have to run through passport check out of the whole airport, get back in and on security check. Luckily the Finnair personnel has been informed over the situation and plane waits for us.

During takeoff I observe some crows, and manage to get one species new to my previously gsthered 38-species Lithuanian list: Pica pica.

Journey accomplished with 3/4 targetspecies (Parus cyanus, Tadorna ferruginea and Turdus ruficollis). Collectively we got about 110 species in Kazakhstan. I've now had enough trains, planes and automobiles for a while.

Lithubirds 39, worldlist 950.

Finland, Helsinki 20171023
Finland, Helsinki 20171023
Poster: Karwin, viewed 1 Time(s)

-конец.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Birding Outings All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: