The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Merry Xmas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our sparrows started bringing material into the box today, well 2 pieces of straw but its a start Laughing emptied the old nest out this year I left the nest in last year from 2016 which was reused but empty box again this year. female is roosting in the box tonight too. at top of box by the hole the box as a little ledge if you remember I'll put pic below from outside the box from 2016 so you know what I mean but yes roosting can only see her tail hanging down haha seem to becoming a regular nester for me the sparrows now though which is great, holding off opening my 2018 thread yet though till visits become more etc.

Sparrows
Sparrows
Poster: WildlifePaul, viewed 15 Time(s)

SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Paul, how do you do it? Bit early and bit keen your sparrows. Hope this changeable weather doesn't make too many start their nest early. The weather is even affecting our plants we have azaleas and camellias in flower way way way too early. Just hope your sparrows slow down and wait for the spring to start before they get too serious.
Sue
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she will be fine Sue, My sparrows was bringing material in as early as December last year if you remember and refreshing the old nest but didn't egg lay until spring. I think its just their way of claiming the box abit like my current female roosting blue tit whos brought some material in november (not added to it yet though but not taken it out either)
xxMariaxx

wales.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're so lucky Paul.. What are these wonderful calendars I am seeing? Look great... Will 2019 one be in the works? HAPPY NEW YEAR my fellow bird lovers... x
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you back maria! Happy new year to you also! Kathy did the 2018 ones I don't know if there is any plans for 2019 ones you'd have to ask kathy if she can spare the time or not Laughing
blueeyedchick

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maria

If you want one for 2018 let me know they are £10.00 each.

2019 I'm easy on this one but it will be up to the members and if they can supply enough suitable pictures.
Think

Paul you are one lucky scouser with this Sparrow couple, they cannot wait to get going can they?
( By the way are scousers born only in the heart of Liverpool or included in surrounding district)? Just a thought!

Kathy
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a clue Kathy Laughing I was born / live in heart liverpool though so I guess either way I am ok Laughing

I think if you do 2019 one you bring it up during spring when the forums at its peak alot money was raised from this last year so its great thing you done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Bird Boxes All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: