The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Pauls boxes 2017 [2 Blue Tits,Sparrow,Dunnock,Great Tit]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last 2 days I have been getting uncountable numbers of visits to a few of my boxes by blue tits some outside peaking the hole and some going inside, I normally start getting roosters from 26th September so maybe they are looking for that.

One of my side boxes as now been updated with 2 camera's one from above to give a overall look at the nest chamber like a standard box would do, And the normal side view angle that the box is made for.

Pictures here.

Side View Box 2 Cameras
Side View Box 2 Cameras
Poster: WildlifePaul, viewed 1 Time(s)

Side View Box
Side View Box

All my boxes are officially all done, Camera's changed it some, all old nest cleaned out and boxes cleaned. and some swaps with boxes for brand new ones. I am now ready for my first roosters and spring 2018 Laughing

SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness Paul, you are so efficient and ready. Boxes all looking good. Never seen a rooster in my box until really cold weather starts. Interesting that yours are already looking. Will have to keep my eyes peeled. Not on here much (as you have gathered) at moment, so wishing you a good rooster season and looking forward to spring.
Take care
Sue
blueeyedchick

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul & Sue
Paul your boxes are looking great bet you can't wait for Spring to get those different shots from the nest box!

Notice here that my Blue Tits are back. 5 on the feeders at once yesterday again wonder if they are part of the Nonettes! I have bought a new feeding station for 2018 cream in colour with more hanging space so now they are used to it we have had two Great Tits and one Coal Tit. I would love either to nest in my box next year it would make a change but I do love my Bluey's though.

Sue - Members I think will be keeping their fingers well and truly crossed for you this coming spring too - hope it's your turn this time in the camera box!!

Kathy
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw thanks Kathy, although I'd obviously love it, I will be just as happy if they choose any of my other boxes (can't bring myself to have just the one box up) So lovely that you have blue tits etc in the garden. I so hope they are the nonettes reforming. I only ever seem to see blue tits, great tits etc when it comes to nesting season (or a lone rooster), though I can hear them in the higher trees all around.
Roll on Spring.............. what am I like.
Take care Paul and Kathy xx
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kathy & Sue,

Glad to know you still have blue tits hanging about Kathy, We get around 20 plus during winter using the feeders, Then around 10 during breeding season something like that.

Still having regular visits to my boxes by blue tits, As I have said for last 2 years my first rooster as been 26th september be funny if for the 3rd year running its 26th again!

I have noticed its turning colder of a night here in Liverpool now, Leaves on the trees are starting to turn yellow/orange so they will start falling off in next few weeks.

Also yesterday I seen 4 of the orange ring blue tits on the suet pellets and fat balls so I know atleast 4 of them are still knocking about.

WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First rooster of autumn in the wildlifepaul garden, Normally have around 2 or 3 roosters during the winter so hopefully this is first of a few.

He's in one of my Side View Boxes.

First Rooster
First Rooster
Poster: WildlifePaul, viewed 2 Time(s)

blueeyedchick

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knew it was only a matter of time Paul before one took up residence at your gaff! Looks like a healthy guy/gal to me.

I'm wondering if my female is Poppy from this Spring as she seems very relaxed during the day when she pops into the box, sits there preening away and searching for bits in the cracks. She also sits on the nest hole looking out over the garden before flying off. Her head is a little scruffy so cannot be sure of course if it is the same bird now the cameras have been changed, but she is one confident Blue Tit!.

Kathy
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be Kathy, It would make sense if she seems comfy in the box.

Our rooster is 100% the male that as been roosting in my boxes for the past 4 years, He's got a massive tail that is how we know him. Its the same male from 2016 who had all 3 of my females on the go at the same time.

He's always my first rooster he is very comfy in the box he was giving himself a good cleaning lastnight after about 1 minute of being inside the box.

Would be amazing for you if your female goes on to nest come spring.

SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, how exciting Paul and Kathy. I shall be checking by camera box with interest over next few weeks , Fingers crossed . I'll even accept a dirty male rooster again!! Lol
Calendar getting use already Kathy, couple of dates on it for early next year, brill.
Sue
blueeyedchick

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue
I hope those dates on the Calendar are for holidays booked? I am off to Yorkshire again on the 30th hoping to pop across to Pendle Witch country while I'm there. BT still with me, definitely female she is cleaning out her droppings. See another bit of moss from the lawn has come in, think I have another one which is confused!!

Paul - Any more that have joined yet? Laughing

Kathy
xxMariaxx

wales.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a side view box now Paul.. Thanks once again for you're discount code saved me few ££.. We just have the nuthatch in my homemade box by my darling son at the moment.. Side view box getting some daytime visits..
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome Maria, Glad to hear about your nuthatch. They use boxes for nesting so could be in luck for spring!

Kathy no new roosters, Got a little funny video tonight though as you know I just film my videos with my iphone straight from telly. I was doing so tonight and my cat tried to get the rooster on the telly Laughing Laughing Laughing I'll put picture and video below!

Nice to see you back Sue, Hopefully you get a little rooster.

VIDEO HERE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J6HzceNKzI

Why can't i get him haha
Why can't i get him haha
Poster: WildlifePaul, viewed 2 Time(s)

SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, well captured Paul, a very confused cat Laughing
Sue
xxMariaxx

wales.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Paul.. That video is so cute Laughing naughty cat Laughing Laughing
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officially got 2 roosters, 1 now in my HandyKam box and the one in side box is still there.

Pictures of the box of them Very Happy

Handykam Rooster
Handykam Rooster

Side Box Rooster
Side Box Rooster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Bird Boxes All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: