The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Sparrow fledging

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoffshep

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Sparrow fledging Reply with quote

Last year we had Sparrows nesting under the tiles on the garage, and they had 2 broods. This year there have been 2 nests under the garage tiles, both with2 broods and at least one under the roof tiles. Maybe its the offspring of the first lot who were introduced to under-tile living as babies? Anyway there are loads of fluffy babies about and plenty of feeding going on.

sparrow1
sparrow1
Poster: geoffshep, viewed 5 Time(s)

sparrow2
sparrow2
Poster: geoffshep, viewed 4 Time(s)

sparrow3
sparrow3
Poster: geoffshep, viewed 4 Time(s)
blueeyedchick

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff
Just spotted your Sparrow pictures how lovely they are. We have a resident group in our garden who are admired by the neighbours who enjoy their constant tweeting!! I think like you they have been nesting under the roof tiles. I have been feeding live mealworms to them which they have taken ravenously. Now I have tried to order some again today and it appears there is another national shortage! What do I do I hate to see them sitting on the branches with their bibs on and I have nothing to offer!!! Roll on the floor laughing

Kathy

Geoff would you like to submit one for our calendar we have on month to fill. If so see my calendar thread.
geoffshep

uk.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had mealworms again this year, which in the past have been mostly taken by tits, but they sparrows must have had most of them. I get mine from here: http://www.livefoodsdirect.co.uk/.Mealworms-Mini-Sack-of-500g-9-13mm_M500G.htm

Happy for any of the pictures to be used for the calendar.
Coot

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Sparrow fledgeling Reply with quote

Great pics Geoff we have had loads of sparrows, blackbirds and starlings this year around where I live its great to watch the young ones feeding on mealworms. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Garden Visitors All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: