The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

My adopted box and my 'own' box 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ELLE

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Sue this is very strange as one of those came n my garden yesterday & I also haven't seen one let alone knew what it was!!! I thought it was a sparrow with some weird mutation!!! Duh!! Told you I was thick!! Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing

Elle
Xx
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ELLE, you make me laugh. You are not thick. I had no idea what it was and my husband was convinced it was a parrot looking through his binoculars Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing , it was only when I got close enough to take a photo and then looked it up in my bird book at home that I guessed what it must be. We'll be thick together Laughing
Sue
ELLE

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha Sue, your husband seems as bad as me! What a set we are Roll on the floor laughing Silly

Elle
Xx
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little bit of late news. Visited a friend today who stilll had birds nesting. Arrived to find it was a nest of great tits, and the chicks obliged for photographs by popping up for me. So happy to have been there to have seen them before they fledged.

Peeking
Peeking
Poster: SueP, viewed 5 Time(s)

Another look
Another look
Poster: SueP, viewed 3 Time(s)

Juicy
Juicy
Poster: SueP, viewed 3 Time(s)

Glorious
Glorious
Poster: SueP, viewed 4 Time(s)

Blue tit Fledgling
Blue tit Fledgling
Poster: SueP, viewed 4 Time(s)

And if that wasn't excitement enough, a blue tit fledgling decided to join in the party. Really good day.
Sue
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning pictures as usual Sue, Do you fancy coming to camp in my garden next year and get all my pictures for me? I'll pay you Laughing Laughing Roll on the floor laughing all jokes aside lovely pictures.
blueeyedchick

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb pictures Sue the light and composition is gorgeous, which there were more months in the year if you know what I mean! I think we are all feeling at a loss for want of nest action!

Keep these for 2019 calendar if we do one cos my pics will be rubbish! Roll on the floor laughing

Kathy
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw thanks Paul, and Kathy. Was lovely seeing them. Paul, if I don't have a nest myself next year I might take you up on your offer Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing but you had better have a nest with Rosie in it Laughing
Kathy, you must be a glutton for punishment thinking of a 2019 calendar Laughing
Sue
WildlifePaul

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Sue, I can't promise you a nest off Rosie. However they should be a few nests on the go if the last 2 years is anything to go by Laughing is that good enough? Surprised
sammi

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sue
You are such a great photographer. Maybe you could run a hints and tips post Very Happy . My hubby and I always have a laugh when we go through our old photos (in the days when you had to wait for them to be developed Very Happy ) we have so many photos of trees where there was a bird the moment before Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing For our retirement pressie we have promised ourselves a 'proper' camera...so will definitely need help then Very Happy
And yes Rosie just has to have a nest in Paul's garden next year. Is she getting any less pink Paul?
SueP

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sammi, thanks for the compliment. It is not deserved. I just point and shoot. No good asking my advice cause it's just patience and luck. I also remember having to wait and see what you'd captured on your photos (unless you were lucky enough to have a Polaroid lol)., and most photos were a real disappointment. No going back and trying again then, AND it was expensive what with buying films 24 or 36 frames and then developing and printing costs. How things have evolved! My love for photography came from my older brother (unfortunately he died at age 35), he made his own darkroom and did all his own developing and printing. I was never interested then but now I enjoy it probably more than he did cause at least we can take far more photos these days and know we can delete and start again. I often wish I'd had the chance to share some of this enjoyment with him. Some of my old black and white ones have the subject as tiny dots - no zooming in on things then, you were lucky to ever being close enough to get much wildlife. Anyway enough reminiscing.
Paul, ok , guess a few nests will suffice Roll on the floor laughing Roll on the floor laughing One day I WILL get one of my own in my camera box that I can actually see please Laughing
sammi

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Sue so sad to lose your brother at such a young age. His love for photography lives on in you though and you certainly do his memory proud (that doesn't sound like good English but you know what I mean) It is the sharing of the little things that makes us miss those we've lost isn't it.
I'll keep practising pointing and shooting Very Happy and maybe one day I'll do our feathered friends justice Roll on the floor laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Bird Boxes All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: