The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Springwatch at Rockside Guest House

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Welcome and Other Greetings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockside

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Springwatch at Rockside Guest House Reply with quote

A bit of a late joiner to the forum I'm afraid, although I have been a follower for a couple of years now, or since we became owners of our box cam. We have had a mixture of success and disapointment over the last couple of years, with an abandoned box (and chicks) in 2010, and the only visitor last year being a bee!! So we took the steps of moving the box this year and hoped for more success. Katie and William (well it is Jubilee year!) soon moved in and made themselves at home, although she seemed to be so slow and late at actually laying her eggs. but now they are both doing a grand job. Her little brood of 9 eggs - and now 9 chicks are thriving with another week to go before they will be due to fledge.
Its sad to read of such sadness on the site this year nature can be so cruel at times, but I thought i would share our happy story with you all and we will keep you posted of developments
Catnip

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I saw no-one had responded to your post so thought I would just ask how things are going as I imagine the chicks are about to, or have already flown the nest? Do let us know! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Welcome and Other Greetings All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: