The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Another reason why I REALLY dislike Chris Packam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIRDMATE

uk.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Another reason why I REALLY dislike Chris Packam Reply with quote

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/09/23/bear-raid-115875-21693846/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Chris-Packham-Wildlife-Expert-Says-Pandas-Should-Be-Allowed-To-Become-Extinct/Article/200909415386083

No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
William Blake

David Gooden
Karwin

finland.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Pacman-a-go-go Reply with quote

Beo news wrote:
'Let Pacman go out', says nightlife expert

Chris Pacman costs too much to keep in the media and should be allowed to retire, percussionist Karles Karwin has declared.

Chris Pacman - should the famous presenter of television show Springbok be allowed to walk out naturally?

The drum machine player of ecoband Vompatti thinks the zillions of pounds spent on getting Pacman on television could be better spent on other media projects. In an interview with Independent Research Institute, he argues the money should be invested in the promoting of sustainable development projects, such as ecoband Vompatti. "It's time to give up on the cute and cuddly because we just can't afford it and we need to think of a much bigger picture," he says on Vompatti Myspace site.

It is estimated that there is only one Chris Pacman left in Britain or any zoo anywhere. Chris Pacman has become critically endangered as a result of his natural habitat being destroyed and also his reluctance to breed in the wild. Mr Karwin says ongoing breeding programmes are pointless if there will not be any suitable broadcasting company left to release him on to. He is recommending the man is left alone to die out naturally. Last year he was quoted saying: "I'd eat my hat if I could have the money we've spent on Pacman back on the table for me to do more sensible things with."

Mr Karwin also predicts that rock'n'roll dinosaurs will be extinct in around 15 years, saying: "How can you protect an artist who's worth more on mp3 than on stage? You can't." Arguing that Pacman had "gone down a careerwise umpi-kuja", he said Pac only gets all the attention because he is cute.

Shaking hands with a wombat, Karwin, 42, grovelled: "I really spilled coffee with what I said and I'm SO REALLY REALLY SORRY I upset people. I am glad I caught attention and that was always my intention. I don't hate Pacman, I love cuddly animals. I love all animals, like The Animals, The Eagles, The Yardbirds, The Wombats... But we should look after big picture rather than single actors."

The WTF Fund For Nature, who use the wombat as their iconic symbol, agreed with one aspect of the controversial view. "Karwin is absolutely right in his assertion that we need to keep secure habitat for endangered species," representative Dr Sempe Goscinny told Belgian Broadcasting Company. "But is a daft thing for Karwin to say, and an irresponsible one. Pacman is on the edge because of overmarketing and exploiting his face in television shows. If left alone, he will function perfectly well."

Internet message boards were inundated from angry animal lovers. Ken wrote on the Largest-Nature-Forum.com: "Pacman is THE flagship on the world of nature shows, and methinks Karwin should be banned from the internet web." Steve added: "We should protect all lifeforms, except Karwin should be lynched."

Meanwhile, Chris Pacman has got his own back on broadcasting company that let him go. When company tried to help him, he attacked them - putting one in hospital and injuring three others.

Last edited by Karwin on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Karwin

finland.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Another reason why I REALLY dislike Chris Packam Reply with quote

Yum yum.

Chris Packham wrote:
"I don't hate pandas, I love cuddly animals. I love all animals."

england.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Another reason why I REALLY dislike Chris Packam Reply with quote

Karwin wrote:
Yum yum.

Chris Packham wrote:
"I don't hate pandas, I love cuddly animals. I love all animals."

From former Stringsock presenter 'wild will oddly' quoted in the latest issue of WTF magazine;
" Kwiss Pacman is only saying what everyone really thinks. LOL. No one cares about Pandas or the other
fluffy cwitters. We just want high speed bwoadband, cheap downloadable bird food and fwee deliveries (within 5 miles)
of the latest Wombat 'jazz-funk-fusion-thrash-metal-3 minute-wonder' muzak.
To spend our lives vacuously tip-tapping away on the world wide keyboard is our one true dream LOL.
Just imagine how many people will think how totally LOL interesting we are,
because we tip-tapped them to say we'd managed to wash our hair last night and even amazingly ordered a take away
Panda curry by twittering, LOL. The wonders of moron technology....ahhhhhhhhh LOL.
And that K.K.Karwin? He tells it like it is, or at least how he sees it, which is pretty much like it is,
but ever so slightly different or not as the case might be or not. He sure don't like certain internet sites for sure LOL.
And if i was ever allowed back on live telly, i'd innuendo continuously till they cut me off......ooo errr."
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get back to the original topic - there's a more reasoned discussion here, followed by 100 comments from Guardian readers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/sep/23/panda-extinction-chris-packham

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the comments included a brief YouTube link: Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRH3iTQPrk

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did he say it after all he is only a naturalist and a photographer not a conservationist.

as i quote "I'd eat the last panda if I could have the money we've spent on panda conservation back on the table for me to do more sensible things with."

AND

Mr Packham also predicts that tigers will be extinct in around 15 years, saying: "How can you protect an animal that's worth more dead than alive?

what an IDIOT

sorry but im studying a degree in Wildlife Conservation and lets face it thats stupid

William Blake

David Gooden
Karwin

finland.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIRDMATE wrote:
why did he say it after all he is only a naturalist and a photographer not a conservationist.

as i quote "I'd eat the last panda if I could have the money we've spent on panda conservation back on the table for me to do more sensible things with."

AND

Mr Packham also predicts that tigers will be extinct in around 15 years, saying: "How can you protect an animal that's worth more dead than alive?

what an IDIOT

sorry but im studying a degree in Wildlife Conservation and lets face it thats stupid
No need to be sorry. Mr Packham does have. A guy who values money more important than rare species is in wrong job if he is doing a wilderness program. He is promoting his personal career with the cost of panda (which is - according to his own words - millions of pounds).

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIRDMATE wrote:

what an IDIOT

has that statement been taken the wrong way ?

dave

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strixaluco wrote:
If we can get back to the original topic - there's a more reasoned discussion here, followed by 100 comments from Guardian readers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/sep/23/panda-extinction-chris-packham

Aw come on EB! Have you broken your funny bone now? LOL

*reads article*

here's my two penneth...

I agree with some of what Packham says. We should conserve biodiverse areas rather than concentrating on one species. Also he's right about us caring more for the 'takes a pretty picture dunnit' species as opposed to the pug ugly critters. And he does seem to be quite succinct at showing us what we are really like - give me, me, me the money! Rolling Eyes
But then again, i rarely believe anything i read in the papers - they only want to sell more copies and will twist the truth to do so.
Strixaluco

uk.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave wrote:

Aw come on EB! Have you broken your funny bone now? LOL

I don't think so - but I was hoping for a sensible debate! (such as your two penn'orth). Smile

uk.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what he is saying but he made a very pore attempt at being funny just look at all the hundreds of peoples comments on twitter ,its not funny to make something like that into a joke as hundreds of people have agreed.

William Blake

David Gooden
Karwin

finland.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIRDMATE wrote:
I see what he is saying but he made a very pore attempt at being funny just look at all the hundreds of peoples comments on twitter ,its not funny to make something like that into a joke as hundreds of people have agreed.
Funny (but indeed not) is that on my job I have this year also noticed several "inside jokes" being manufactured as public campaigns. Meant to be fun, in the end they cause negative effect. Twitterism?

finland.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happened to read some British pop magazine today in library, and noticed there a little column about what's on Chris Packham's playlist. Vampire Weekend's Giving up the gun there was. Did some more research - and found Chrissy's playlist:
http://www.chrispackham.co.uk/Chris_Packhams_Playlist/index.htm
...me too! Here's my playlist:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=285222909&blogId=524093637
Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Nature Topics All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: