The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

All plastic peanut feeders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Food and Feeders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seb-mac

scotland.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: All plastic peanut feeders Reply with quote

Anyone got one? I have just purchased one, the one i had was metal and there was mould at the bottom. So i got rid of it, seemd the best idea. Are the all plastic ones just as good, anyone any experience with them?
Thanks
Stranger

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a plastic seed feeder that lasted about 2 days Sad

I like the terracotta ones best of all, I have 2 nut feeders like the one shown here:

http://www.capitalgardens.co.uk/terracotta-punched-mesh-peanut-wild-bird-feeder-p-14026.html

and 1 slightly different but working on the same principle.

They are also the best I have ever had for squirrel proofness as they spin so the squirrel struggles to get purchase. That said I have seen a squirrel on the one at the back of our house but I thought that he deserved to have whatever he could get his mitts on for managing to suss it out, he was only there for a minute or so as the holes are far too tiny for him to get his claws or teeth to.

It's amazing how the birds get all of the food out thereby leaving them clean when they are empty and I would say that I only have to scrub them clean a couple of times a year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Food and Feeders All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: