The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Pond Maintenance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siskin

england.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Pond Maintenance Reply with quote

I was thinning out the pond plants yesterday, as my friend gave me some that are very invasive and cover the pond in no time. I put my hand in the water to grab some of the roots to trim....and came up with a well dead bird in my hand. Well, as you can imagine I screamed and threw it back into the water lol. The tadpoles must have snacked on it, as only wings and legs remained. I am much more careful about putting my hand into the pond now, lol!

Sorry, just thought I would share this little story with you
CHICKCHICK

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: POND MAINTENANCE Reply with quote

If I find anything dead in the garden I quite often put it in the pond that has tadpoles in it (including very small two baby chicks that didn't survive in my box last year). Couldn't put them in the bin! They were good food for the tadpoles. I even put old cat food in the pond !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Garden Habitat All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: