The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Bird bath help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisR

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago I repaired a concrete birdbath using Araldite. I put a generous coating on both faces and fitted a ratchet luggage strap around the circumference to pull it tightly together while it set. The repair is not invisible but is waterproof and has been in constant use for at least 8 years.

uk.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your local water-garden supplier - they might have something that will seal whatever material it is. G4 sealant for concrete for instance (although it's not cheap). There are also special sealants for resin etc. Also a good clear silicon sealant might do the trick - try builders merchants for this
Mildred

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize this may be too late for the cracked birdbath, but someone else will crack one, so here's what I did. I dropped my small birdbath at my cottage and almost broke it in two. One end was undamaged. I pushed the two sides together to form a fine crack in the middle and applied Capt. Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure on the outside and inside surfaces until it wouldn't go in any more, then I let it cure for quite a while. This happened about 10 years ago and I've used the little birdbath on my deck every summer without it ever leaking. I doubt if I'll ever see that happen. I use the Crack Cure for every accident that results in a cracked item and it never fails. Find it at www.captaintolley.co.uk No, I don't work for them. I've just used their fantastic product for years at home and at my cottage. I think you have to send for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Garden Habitat All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: