The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Help I keep having to keep logging in...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
manderz

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Help I keep having to keep logging in... Reply with quote

not sure if I am doing something wrong but it seems I am logged in and then sometimes when I try to post a reply it comes up with log in again and I lose my message. This also happens with pictures. Can you give me any advice??

Thanks very much.

Mandy
Martin

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the login screen, have you ticked the box "Log me on automatically each visit" ?
gasteropod

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum software we use requires you to login again if your computer address changes; this is for security reasons. It looks to me like your connection is via Tiscali and you have used 125 different addresses to post from for your 334 posts. This would imply that Tiscali use some proxy or similar software which causes you address to change often during normal use. This is probably to do some sort of load balancing but it means you frequently need to login. AOL users often see similar issues for similar reasons.

The best way to avoid this is to check the box "Log me on automatically each visit" when you login so this happens automatically rather than when you are in the middle of posting which can cause you to loose the post.

Let me know if this helps.

manderz

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gasteropod wrote:
The forum software we use requires you to login again if your computer address changes; this is for security reasons. It looks to me like your connection is via Tiscali and you have used 125 different addresses to post from for your 334 posts. This would imply that Tiscali use some proxy or similar software which causes you address to change often during normal use. This is probably to do some sort of load balancing but it means you frequently need to login. AOL users often see similar issues for similar reasons.

The best way to avoid this is to check the box "Log me on automatically each visit" when you login so this happens automatically rather than when you are in the middle of posting which can cause you to loose the post.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks, I have tried log me in automatically, it doesn't seem to make any difference. When I try and post a photo for instance, I am still logged in on one screen on then the other screen for loading pic comes up and asks me to log on again. Very odd. It doesn't deter me though!! Tiscali are a strange bunch, but could be because of the protection I put on for wireless perhaps??

Thanks
Mandy
manderz

england.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the other thing is sometimes I get Invalid Session when I try to post and when I try again its fine... any ideas?? it didn't use to happen but then I didn't have wireless last year.

Thanks

Mandy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: