The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

help please
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicola123

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gasteropod wrote:
nicola123 wrote:
why wont it let me post ?

Maybe you can post the exact error message you are getting? Is it just one picture or all pictures, and have you ever had this work?

Ive tried other photos, no error message as such, just that the "file type isnt allowed". Ive managed to post photos on here before and im not saving them any differently

Sorry I am a pain

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicola123 wrote:
Ive tried other photos, no error message as such, just that the "file type isnt allowed". Ive managed to post photos on here before and im not saving them any differently

Sorry I am a pain

You are not a pain at all. This is what the help forum is for.

The file type isn't allowed error implies that when the file was uploaded, your browser did not say it was a jpeg file. Normally this is derived from the extension of the file on your local computer.

For example, if I rename the file from bluetit.jpg to bluetit (i.e. with no extension; I can do this on Linux) I can click on this locally and it is displayed, but if I try to upload it I get the error message you refer to. Linux knows it's a jpeg file even though it does not have a jpg or jpeg extension but the browser does not upload it as a jpeg so the forum disallows it.

What computer is this? mac, windows XP, vista, linux or something else?

Pete wrote:
John,

I've forward the photo onto Elizabeth she can pass it on to you. I couldn't loaded it either. I had to download and save it as another name. if i just saved it i couldn't reopen it.

regards

Pete

I got the file and manage to upload it fine. It was called bluetit.jpg in the email I received. When you say "if i just saved it i couldn't reopen it" are you saying when you saved it from when nicola sent it to you, you could not re-open it? And you had to save it as another name before you could open it? Do you know the original name (including any extension if it had one)?

My suspicion is that the original file Nicola had was saved without .jpg or jpeg as the extension and therefore it was not uploaded to the forum as a jpeg file and was therefore disallowed. There is certainly nothing wrong with the picture itself but the error message indicates the browser uploading the image did not send it as a jpeg image.

nicola123

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use xp, the rest of what you said went woooosh!!! I appreciate the help tho Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: