The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Re-sizing photo for avatar
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janice

wales.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah right, thanks but I NEED TO KNOW HOW !

I've already done it myself by using a smalle r photo if you notice from my avatar I am now using. I just need to know what software you have used which meant that you didnt have to re-do the bloody thing about 15 times to get it the right size.

I am getting very wound up now, am going away from this pc before I explode. I have had problems with something else too, not related and its going out the window if I dont turn it off now.

Thank you

In Wales, if the cows are laying down, it's going to rain.
If they are standing up, it is raining. Wink
HillBilly

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Paint shop pro 8.10, reduced the size to 80x60, then ran it through the save file optimizer, tweaked the copmression factor so it fell just below the 6kb file size, cleaned the image up so it was a bit brighter and increased the quality as the picture you are using has lost some of its sharpness.
Then I wished I had not bothered...
Hampshire Hogg

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down Janice,
I can only suggest that the original picture taken with your digital camera was taken at a high resolution. This would mean that the image contains a great deal of information which your compression techniques are struggling to reduce.
Try taking the picture again at a lower resolution,
Most cameras will take hundreds of pictures at low resolution but only a few at the higher settings.
Go on give it one more try before you or the computer explode.
John.
Janice

wales.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HillBilly wrote:
I used Paint shop pro 8.10, reduced the size to 80x60, then ran it through the save file optimizer, tweaked the copmression factor so it fell just below the 6kb file size, cleaned the image up so it was a bit brighter and increased the quality as the picture you are using has lost some of its sharpness.
Then I wished I had not bothered...

Aww I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. I just got wound up about something else I have been trying to do today, and shouldn't have posted on here really until I had calmed down. It's just so frustrating when you don't know how to do something, I just wanted to know how to do it for myself, which you have now kindly explained. I don't have Paint Shop Pro though, so that settles it anyway. Very Happy

I really appreciate your post, and I have used your edited pic of Henry as it is better than mine. Thanks. Smile

In Wales, if the cows are laying down, it's going to rain.
If they are standing up, it is raining. Wink
HillBilly

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am glad you liked the image, Paint shop pro 8 can still be found if you search around a bit. I saw it for 12 which is better than the 65 I paid when it was released. It has a manual the size of the bible but can also be used as a simple editor for your photos.
Anyway, thanks for using the image as this was the main reason for me doing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: