The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Forum software upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> FAQ and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Forum software upgrade Reply with quote

Earlier this morning I upgraded the software running the forum to BBF 1.8.0. This release has no noticable functional changes but contains many small cosmetic and bug fixes in the phpBB code.

Once again I'm hoping you will not notice any ill effects but in the background many small changes were made. If you do experience any troubles or strange effects please let me know.

The only noticable effect you will see is that you may have to login again even if you have previously said you want to stay logged in. This is due to some changes in the way the autologin and session handling is done to improve security.

I'm hoping this does not cause a problem whereby people cannot remember their passwords. Remember, if you cannot remember your password you can click the I forgot my password link on the login screen accessible via the link at the top of the page.

John
Boo

england.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warning, (too late!)

I did forget my password, unfortunately so many sites and all requiring passwords, some of which have already been used by others!

I must fine a totally unique password and change every site over!

Laughing Laughing

Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum software we use, phpBB released an upgrade today. This is the "we wish you all a happy new year" release and contains a few minor fixes and a few security fixes. I have hurriedly released version 1.9.0 of BBF which includes this upgrade. I hope you will not notice this upgrade at all, but rest assured, you should feel safer in bed tonight. Wink

The forum was just down for a few minutes to load this update, but other than Strixaluco no one appeared to be on the board so I hope no one noticed this either.

John
Tricia

uk.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
The forum software we use, phpBB released an upgrade today. This is the "we wish you all a happy new year" release and contains a few minor fixes and a few security fixes. I have hurriedly released version 1.9.0 of BBF which includes this upgrade. I hope you will not notice this upgrade at all, but rest assured, you should feel safer in bed tonight. Wink

The forum was just down for a few minutes to load this update, but other than Strixaluco no one appeared to be on the board so I hope no one noticed this either.

John

Never felt a thing!
My - you have been busy John. Nice to know I'm going to have a good night's sleep!

http://belfiebird.blogspot.com/
Boo

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear, hear! Applause Applause Applause

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your work, John! Flowers

I'm about to go and get my safe night's sleep... Yawn after mucking about about a bit with the new emoticons! Thumbs up

Kit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> FAQ and Announcements All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: