The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Squirrel update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Childrens Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purple Pony

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Squirrel update Reply with quote

Hi from Purple Pony

I have 4 squirrels visiting my garden at the moment there names are Floppy tail,Twitch,stitch and Cory. Cory is what I think is Twitch's son.

My dad thinks they are a nuisance and jokes about getting a squirrel trap which I dont thinks very funny. Mad.

My mum is mad with the squirrels because they keep taking her peanuts which are for the birds.

If anyone knows how to stop them taking my mums peanuts but still feed the squirrels please tell me.
Pete

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid squirrels are frustrating creatures. They seem to take pleasure in making life difficult and going after the birds peanuts. I'm afraid Mum will have to invest in Squirrel proof feeders (or maybe Dad can practice his DIY skills).

Maybe Elizabeth can post a picture of hers, she seems to be able to keep the Squirrels off.

For all that they can be a pain they just look at you with that those big eyes and fluffy tail and I for one just smile.

Dethhhpicable
ithhn't it

http://thequacksoflife.blogspot.com
Corinna

england.gif
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:

For all that they can be a pain they just look at you with that those big eyes and fluffy tail and I for one just smile.

You big softy!!! Wink

Eagles Rule!

http://eagles-eye-on-life.blogspot.com
Neomorph

england.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feed the squirrels as well as the birds and if you have followed some of my posts you will have found that it's hard to get the wildlife to eat the food that you put out personally to them.

I get a lot of fun watching the squirrels and mine are now getting so used to me in the garden that they don't even run away anymore. But the funniest squirrel I have has got to be Zorro... He hangs upside down from the pergola outside my window and looks in at me to see if I will come out and feed him. I keep trying to get a pic of him doing it but I keep forgetting.

( <<-------Zorro is the one in my Avatar pic)

"Bah!.. Squirrels eat the bird food, cat's eat the squirrel Food, birds eat the squirrel food, I REFUSE to eat the cat food!!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> Childrens Corner All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: