The Bigg Bird Forum Index The Bigg Bird Forum
The Family Friendly Birding Site

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Elizabeth and Malcolm's Bluetit Pages
The Bigg Bird Forum Index

Attachment FAQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> FAQ and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Administrator
Site Admin

england.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Attachment FAQ Reply with quote

BBF has just been updated to allow photographs and other images to be attached to posts. However, there are a few things you need to be aware of.

• Attachments can be added by clicking the Add an Attachment button below the message body when posting a message. This will then allow you to browse for or specify the location of a file on your local computer to upload.
  • The maximum size of a single image is currently restricted to 200 KB. This is may be a little conservative so we may up this in future but looking at the pictures people have currently inlined by referencing other sites we hope this is sufficient. Please let us know if you find 200KB is not enough. I plan to post another FAQ entry in the next few days describing how you can crop, shrink or reduce the size of images for those not familiar with doing this.
  • If you try to upload files bigger than this it will fail either giving you an error message telling you the file is too large, or if much too large it could result in a less specific generic error.
  • The total size allowed for all BBF images posted by everyone is 1 GB. I hope that this will keep us going for a long time! Shocked
  • The total space per person for attached images is 10 MB. This allows each user to have a minimum of 100 attached images. Again I hope this should keep most people going for a while.
  • You can attach up to 3 images to a single post.
  • Images 12 KB or smaller will be posted inline. Larger than this and a thumbnail will be displayed which when clicked on will bring up the full image in another window or tab.

All of these parameters are configurable and are not set in stone. Please feel free to give feedback in the Suggestion Box or by replying to this post if these values are not sufficient and we will consider making changes.

I hope this adds to your enjoyment of BBF.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bigg Bird Forum Index -> FAQ and Announcements All times are GMT adjusted for DST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: